Staff Engineer I - VMware Cloud on AWS
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1910936 Date posted Jul. 26, 2019
We’re changing the face of IT by making it possible to construct an entire Software Defined Data Center with the click of a button, erasing the barriers between on-premise and elastic cloud resources. This change has the industry rethinking how to build and scale critical apps. We’re gathering forward-thinkers to help accelerate this transformation.
The VMware Cloud R&D group develops products that focus on thrilling customers with demanding IT infrastructure needs. We are a growing team and are looking for strong engineering talent to help us build a next-generation services platform. For this role, you should have a proven software development background with experience in the successful delivery of high quality software as service (SaaS) and microservices. You should be highly technical, detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence and experience in mentoring junior members of team.
- As part of a team of engineers, design, develop, maintain, and operate a scalable service control plane, and dependent components including a highly-available persistence layer and messaging bus.
- Engage with and drive high-visibility DevOps process including continuous integration and continuous deployment with zero-downtime upgrades.
- Collaborate with multi-functional VMware project teams including VMware consultants, engineers, product management, and support staff.
- Understand overall network virtualization platform architecture and design best of class solutions that fit the product.
- Experience in Java 8+ coding, algorithms and data structures.
- Equally comfortable talking about low-level memory architectures as high-level industry trends.
- Strong familiarity with functional test frameworks and techniques.
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on high-availability services at scale.
- Deep understanding of distributed computing concepts in practice
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands
- Broad experience architecting, managing, implementing, and evolving, and automating end-to-end service delivery pipelines of a variety of web-scale applications.
This position is eligible for the DiversifyCPBU referral campaign