Staff Engineer I - VMware Cloud on AWS
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1907312 Date posted Jun. 13, 2019
Learn about team:
We’re changing the face of IT by making it possible to construct an entire Software Defined Data Center with the click of a button, erasing the barriers between on-premise and elastic cloud resources. This change has the industry rethinking how to build and scale critical apps. We’re gathering forward-thinkers to help accelerate this transformation.
The VMware Cloud R&D group develops products that focus on standing up SaaS stack from grounds up to offer customers creative infrastructure services in cloud e.g. AWS. We are a growing team and are looking for a strong engineering talent to help us build a next-generation services platform. For this role, you should have a proven software development background with experience in the successful delivery of high quality software as service (SaaS). You should be highly technical, detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence and experience in leading junior members of team.
- As part of a team of engineers, design, develop, maintain, and operate a scalable service control plane, and dependent components including a highly-available persistence layer and messaging bus.
- Engage with and drive high-visibility DevOps process including continuous integration and continuous deployment with zero-downtime upgrades.
- Collaborate with multi-functional VMware project teams including VMware consultants, engineers, product management, and support staff.
- Understand overall network virtualization platform architecture and design best of class solutions that fit the product.
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on high-availability services at scale.
- Deep understanding of distributed computing concepts in practice
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands.
You will have broad experience architecting, managing, implementing, and evolving end-to-end service delivery pipelines of a variety of web-scale applications. They should be equally comfortable talking about low-level memory architectures as high-level industry trends.
This position is eligible for the DiversifyCPBU referral campaign