Sr. Manager, Internal Communications, Worldwide Customer Operations and Renewals
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1912426 Date posted Sep. 07, 2019
VMware is looking for a skilled communications manager to drive the communications strategy for two of our key sales teams: our worldwide customer operations organization and our renewals and web license advisory team. This person would play a complimentary role for both teams driving executive communications for the two team leaders as well as shape the communication strategy for the major initiatives and programs impacting both teams. We’re looking for someone who is energetic, a passionate communications advocate that can work cross-functionally to achieve their goals. You are a creative and well-organized team player that can easily make connections with a variety of internal stakeholders as you’ll be responsible for helping these teams to stay informed, engaged and connected.
- Serves as a strategic communications partner to SVP of WWCO and VP of Renewals/Web License Advisory team to curate their internal executive communication strategies.
- Develops and drives strategic communication plans for global programs within both the WWCO and Renewals teams and helps regional leaders cascade messages.
- Owns quarterly all-hands meetings, social programs and representation in key internal company events (i.e. sales kick-off)
- Ability to produce a broad range of communication vehicles including presentations, executive e-mail, video scripts, social posts, intranet pages, webcasts, and blogs.
- Red threads company priorities and corporate narrative across communication strategies.
- Identifies, develops and implements communications initiatives, utilizing appropriate technologies, tools and systems to deliver information and resources to the right individuals at the right time and place
Skills & Requirements
- 5-8 years formal communications experience (software industry experience preferred)
- Experience building and driving extensive integrated communications plans for executive level audience.
- Serve as strategic communications advisor to multiple executives.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in leveraging and developing communication vehicles to reach audiences of all levels
- Thrives in fast-paced culture of change and innovation
- Diplomacy, integrity, and presence that enables you to work effectively at all levels within large organization
- Must be a self-starter, motivated individual who works well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment
- Ability to operate in both a strategic and detailed manner, while accommodating for global level concerns
- Ability to drive collaboration with functional and technical teams to achieve solutions
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management, including the ability to influence at the executive level
- Based in Palo Alto, CA