Senior Technical Trainer
,Palo Alto,California,United States of America, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1913408 Date posted Oct. 11, 2019
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2016 revenues of $7.09 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
VMware's SD-WAN by VeloCloud is solving IT’s problem of cost effectively provisioning enterprise branches with reliable, high performance as well as managed access to public and private cloud applications. As applications and services migrate from enterprise hosted and managed sites and data centers to the cloud, reliable access over fixed and mobile broadband becomes critical. Existing solutions are suited for larger, IT supported sites, accessing enterprise data centers over private, dedicated networks, which are often expensive to procure and operate. VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud is disrupting the extended enterprise infrastructure market – unlike conventional solutions that require complex branch and data center appliances. We see SD-WAN becoming the programmable on-ramp and platform for cloud delivered services and applications.
VeloCloud by VMware is looking for a Senior Technical Trainer to join our growing training team. The Technical Trainer will be part of the Technical Product Management organization and will deliver quality training to our global customer base of Large Enterprises as well as Service Providers.
The technical trainer is passionate about helping customers and channel partners get the most value from the VMware SD-WAN platform by delivering and developing effective courses that deepen understanding of the product and service. We are looking for those with the skills and drive to have maximum impact on customer success and adoption
- Delivery of courses for Partners and Service Providers. Courses are delivered either as virtual hands-on sessions that range from 1-4 hours or as multi-day onsite training.
- Work cross-functionally to create course content that reflects current product functionality and industry best practices.
- Work cross-functionally to design, implement and review lab exercises that reinforce the course materials.
- Administer processes related to training including maintaining content in the learning management system, gathering student training data, scheduling courses, and ensuring customers are enrolled in the appropriate courses for their role.
- Ongoing improvement of training materials to reflect changes and improvements in the product.
- Coordination of delivery with the Partner or Service Provider
- Collect feedback from delivered sessions and augment materials based on this.
- 5+ years of experience delivering hand-on remote and in-person courses for technical products.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Preferably multilingual (including technical language)
- Ability to translate technical material to customer business use cases.
- Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal oversight. This includes the drive to learn technical material that continuously updates with aggressive timelines.
- Knowledge of public clouds (Azure, AWS, GCP), cloud management, and data centers is a plus.
- Knowledge of branch networking, dynamic routing protocols and VPN solutions.
- Experience with course creation and management tools Camtasia, Storyline, LMS, etc …
- Experience with online classroom delivery tools e.g. GoToWebinar, Zoom Webinar, etc …
- Prior experience with virtual lab environments
- Ability to internationally travel up to 40% of the time
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.