Senior Systems Engineer MDC Enterprise - Palo Alto, CA
Palo Alto, California, Remote - California, United States (Bay Area)Job ID R042297 Date posted Nov. 06, 2019
Do you thrive in a complex, highly collaborative technology sales environment? Do you strive to sell for a consistent industry leader? If this is you, then “Think Dell!”
As a Presales Engineer who has experience in Storage and Virtualization, we want you to talk to you about joining our Modern Data Center Enterprise Team. Our MDC team is an Elite Specialty Sales Organization with a passion for helping clients achieve transformational business outcomes through the use of disruptive technologies and solutions. We incubate, accelerate, and scale new businesses for Dell Technologies. Being part of Dell Technologies Presales means you will find stability, collaboration, and most importantly, a long-term, positive financial future with an amazing company culture.
What is our sales team’s secret to success? Apply today to learn more about the Dell EMC team of Dell Technologies!
Exciting Things You Will Do:
- Work with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell EMC solutions, and train the account team.
- Anticipate technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into Dell EMC's engineering and marketing organizations.
- Successfully build relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Lead technical sales calls
- Configure and document Dell EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Qualify customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Present and market the design and value of proposed EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management.
How your experience will help you hit the ground running:
- 5-8 years of related experience as a Presales Engineer
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Industry Certifications in Storage, SAN and/or HCI solutions
- Previous experience with Dell EMC Storage a plus, but not required.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.