Senior Financial Analyst, Network & Security Business Unit
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1908364 Date posted Jul. 09, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
The Cloud Services finance team is helping establish VMware as a leading player in hybrid cloud. The team focuses on VMware’s SaaS portfolio, helping drive the shift from perpetual licensing model into subscription licensing.
Job Role and Responsibility
You will work alongside with the business partners in VMware’s Products Division. You’ll provide financial advice, planning, and analysis to the business partner and his/her staff that helps the business meet or exceed goals.
- Bookings/Revenue actual & plans models
- R&D investment decisions
- Inbound licensing/COGS FP&A
- Marketing programs, business trends and pricing analysis
- Spend & HC analysis and review
- Location strategy
- Acquisitions: financial due diligence and integration
- Business Unit pro forma statements
- Short & long-term planning processes
- Capex, Deferred revenue and other analysis
- Lead one or more of the critical financial planning & analysis processes for the Products Division. Examples include the inbound licensing framework and the investment/portfolio analysis process. Create, improve, or streamline the process as needed. Champion the framework and drive adoption within FP&A and the Products Division.
- Collaborate with the Products FP&A team and other parts of VMware Finance to enhance the function’s contribution to the company. Share best practices, identify gaps, drive change and help determine priorities.
- BA or BS in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 4-6 years of experience in finance/accounting with a strong record of career progression
- Demonstrated results providing finance business partnering to R&D/Product Management executives
- Strong understanding of accounting and compliance requirements
- Ability to build analytical models that can be driven into standard planning tools
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, and Oracle Financials reports
- MBA, CPA or equivalent experience
- Experience working in an enterprise software, SaaS, or other hi-tech company
- Strong and independent thinker and influencer
- Track record of showing finance leadership in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.