SD-WAN Partner Design Engineer
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1911809 Date posted Aug. 26, 2019
SD-WAN has grown up. Enterprises are moving from just trying and testing SD-WAN to a full scale rollout. Do you want to join a global team of dynamic, self-starter engineers who want to lead our clients and partners in deploying this next-generation WAN technology? We want you to join us on a journey to transform some of the largest enterprise WAN networks in the world.
This is a highly technical, hands-on role, as you will be the primary contact for our clients and partners supporting the SD-WAN automation deployment and rollout. You will work with VMware sales, partners and customer network architects to develop the detailed automation architectures. You will solve potentially complex problems which span beyond just automation and take it all the way to resolution. You will also take the practical, real world learning and help us further improve our products and usability.
Area of Focus:
- Plan & Deploy solutions for SD-WAN Automation and self-Healing
- Work within a talented, geographically-distributed team to drive customer vision, use case and outcomes
- Track the deployment progress (number of sites, software releases). Recommend and plan software upgrade as necessary
- Review changes in customers’ requirements, feature needs, and communicate with account team and product management
- Enjoy traveling and interacting with various functions in VMware clients and partners such as project manager, network engineers, director of network architecture, and CIO
- Programming or scripting experience
- Familiar using Rest based APIs and Webhooks
- Ability to travel both domestic and international
- Ability to pick up and learn new things, be autonomous, and be creative in solving complex problems.
- 3+ years of experiences in customer facing roles
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to quickly build rapport, establish trust and credibility with VMware clients and partners
- Ability to manage multiple parallel projects, ensure on-time delivery, and report progress and status to executives
- Familiarity with Linux and Virtualization
- Virtualization experience with VMware and KVM.
- Cloud service experience including AWS and Azure
- BS Computer Science or related Engineering degree preferred
- Experience working with global teams highly desirable
- Passion for building quality software and quality systems
You will engage a multi-functional team regularly which includes Technical Account Manager, Systems Engineer, Solution Architect, Product Managers, and Support Engineers within VMware, as well as appropriate people from VMware clients and partners. These include, but are not limited to Architects, Engineers, and Project Managers.
VMware, is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Review. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.