SAP Techno Functional Analyst
,Palo Alto,California,United States of America, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1907166 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 20000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware Business IT (Subscription & Perpetual) and New Technologies Group
Our organization supports VMware SaaS and Perpetual (Invoice to Cash), Licensing functions with ERP platforms and systems capabilities. We are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility, scale and resiliency. We also use mobile and IoT technologies to deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware
- You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills and can easily switch between technology paradigms
- You love working with some of the best engineers, product managers and architects around the world
- You strive to excel and to innovate
- Strong Experience in Object Oriented ABAP, Reports, BADI’s, User-Exits.
- Strong experience in Interfaces (BAPI, IDOC, Proxy)
- Strong Experience in OData, Webservices, SAP Gateway.
- ABAP HANA Programming experience.
- Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
- Strong functional knowledge of SAP FICO and SAP MM.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of VMware’s business model and Sales and Marketing planning processes to align with business needs.
- Writing and reviewing QA and UAT test scripts
- Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management
- Strong communication skills
- Transform Functional requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Be willing to learn about existing (legacy) IT platforms as well as new market offerings (SaaS) in this domain.
- 8-12 years of full-time work experience in SAP ABAP Programming.
- At least 4 years of functional experience in the modules FI,CO; Preferable but not mandatory is exposure to MM.
- Proficiency in writing TDS for RICEFW.
- Knowledge of Tax systems such as Vertex.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting issues and assisting in bug-fixes in SAP.
- Strong social skills and experience in engaging senior leadership and IT Teams.
- Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast, paced, high volume environment
- Understanding of API/Microservices based architecture is a strong plus; Netweaver Gateway, Fiori experience preferred.
- Familiarity / Experience with SaaS offerings like Concur, Coupa, Fieldglass, Blackline is a plus.
- Strong data interpretation skills
- SAP Certification preferred.
- Strong data interpretation skills
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
“This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.”