SAP/ABAP - Member of Technical Staff
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1903571 Date posted Apr. 09, 2019
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 20000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware Business IT (Subscription & Perpetual) and New Technologies Group
Our organization supports VMware SaaS and Perpetual (Order to Cash), Licensing functions with ERP platforms and systems capabilities. We are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility, scale and resiliency. We are building the next generation SaaS Order to Cash platform that can deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners. We are also enhancing our licensing Order to Cash platform to improve the customer experience and make it more scalable. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware.
• You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
• You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills and can easily switch between technology paradigms
• You love working with some of the best engineers, product managers and architects around the world
• You strive to excel and to innovate
- Participate and own system design sessions and align to business operation processes
- Own & drive functionality / design of VMW’s next-gen SaaS business model as a product to meet future needs, scalability, keeping industry-leading best-practices in mind
- Extensive hands on previous SAP ABAP, Open SQL, Integration with 3rd party applications
- Work with functional owners, product managers and conduct internal discussions with cross functional owners to deliver solutions to SD, Shipping, Demand Planning models
- Work with geographically distributed team comprised of R&D, IT and Operations
- Analyze business use cases that are eligible for automation
- Develop unit test cases and automate the same for testing purposes
- Certifications in SAP SD, MM, Shipping, Demand Planning and Forecasting.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in crafting / developing / maintaining highly scalable and resilient system in the SaaS business models.
- Strong High-tech experience in Sales and Distribution (Order Management), Materials Management, and Shipping modules.
- Exposure to B2B & EDI, Online customer facing eCommerce solutions, Variant Pricing, Contract Management is a plus.
- Experience in delivering products using agile methodology.
- Experience in crafting creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Multiple end-to-end project experience with various SD & CRM application areas including.
- Knowledge of ASAP methodology/SOLMAN & Exposure/knowledge to SAP's Best Practices.
- Strong Interpersonal skills: strong presentation/ communication / facilitation/ leadership skills (oral and written). Comfortable working with senior executives.
- Flexibility to work both in production support and change requests / implementations as needed
- SD, CRM experience is a must.
- Strong social skills and experience in engaging business leaders, IT senior leadership and Engineers.
This position is eligible for theIT Apps Hiring FY20 referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.