Program Manager, Office of the CTO
,Palo Alto,California,United States of America, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1914498 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
The VMware Office of the CTO (OCTO) is looking for a strong program manager who will help build, drive and execute communications and business operations programs for our global organization. In this role, the candidate will work closely with the OCTO Business Operations team and the OCTO Program Manager Community on programs that raise awareness, drive impact, promote operational excellence, and help build a culture of innovation within the organization. The ideal candidate for this hybrid role has a communications background, experience in business operations, embodies a can-do attitude, enjoys working collaboratively, and has a passion for innovation and innovating.
- Support OCTO Business Operations Leader with Quarterly Business Reviews, Annual Goal Cycle, Organizational Impact Reporting, and strategic operational projects
- Drive and execute OCTO communications plans
- Manage various OCTO communications channels
- Help drive process and policies within the organization
- Analyze and drive improvements in operational processes
- Must have 5+ year of experience working in communications and/or business operations
- Great attention to details and data-oriented personality.
- Balanced strategic and tactical approach.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion.
- Comfortable working with both executives and technical colleagues.
- Creative problem-solving and flexibility.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and to take direction.
- Self-directed, and the ability to manage multiple and concurrent projects.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment.