Product Marketing Manager
,Palo Alto,California,United States of America, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1913245 Date posted Oct. 08, 2019
Join the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU) to help VMware as THE leader in the emerging network and workload security space. Product Marketing plays a meaningful role in driving solutions into the marketplace by understanding the current market environment and developing a strategy to drive customer and partner awareness of the benefits of adopting VMware products and solutions. Our team is looking for a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) with a background in enterprise software to focus on the strategy and execution of Customer Advocacy for the VMware Networking and Security portfolio.
In this role you will be recruiting and managing high-touch reference relationships across the global customer base. You will work closely with Sales, Field Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services, and Support to solicit customer nominations. The Customer Advocacy Manager will convert nominations into active program participants that will support a wide spectrum of public and private reference activities servicing the needs of sales, marketing, product management, and PR/Analyst Relations
- Work with sales and product teams to identify top customer accounts and cultivate champions to participate in marketing activities (including case studies, videos, speaking at events, customer panels, peer-to-peer references, analyst surveys and comms).
- Engage with customers to agree to co-marketing, including building a strong rapport and relationship with each and every engagement.
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of all customer references and maintain a reference database to track customer participation.
- Design and execute on customer advisory boards; engage and recruit practioners and C-level executives from customers for these events
- Manage reference status, document customer use cases, respond to Marketing and Sales requests, and cultivate new references for the program.
- Partner with Field Marketing to source a pipeline of customer speakers for local and regional events; support with speaker selection, prep, and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the engagement.
- Envision and drive thought leadership events to help build VMware’s brand in Networking and Security
- Help drive the BU strategy and execution for VMworld and manage customer engagement at VMworld
- 2+ years of work experience in product marketing, sales, or customer success in the enterprise software technology industry
- Ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with Sales, Customer Success and creative teams
- Strong project, program, and time management skills with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Acute attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal qualities
- Excellent verbal, written, and collaboration skills are essential
- Bachelors in engineering, or related industry experience