Product Line Manager
,Palo Alto,California,United States of America, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1914614 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Team/business Unit Summary
VeloCloud is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud‐Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
VMware acquired VeloCloud, the market leader in cloud-delivered SD-WAN. By acquiring VeloCloud, VMware will build on the success of the industry’s leading network virtualization platform – VMware NSX – and expand the company’s networking portfolio to address end-to-end automation, application continuity, branch transformation and security from the data center to cloud edge.
Velocloud and You
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud.
Do you love to make new things, design and develop cool stuff that will be used by legions of people ? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment ? If you want the thrill of your life, want to change the world and work with and learn from a team of rock star engineers, then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Job roles and responsibilities
- Drive product requirements based on detailed understanding of customer requirements as well as competitive alternatives.
- Document detailed descriptions of use cases, IT administrator workflows and deployment scenarios.
- Delivering detailed mockups of GUIs as input for development
- Ability to also perform market development with early adopters, evangelizing the product to potential customers.
- Experience with Agile development process a plus.
- Also provide product marketing deliverables for go-to-market such as data sheets and whitepapers.
- Participate in defining and executing strategic technology partnerships, anticipating to be primarily with other cloud services and applications vendors.
- Work with product management, engineering peers to deliver solutions and identifying new opportunities to improve VeloCloud products and culture
Our products and teams are growing fast, and most of your work will be driving new features using some of the most current frameworks and libraries, working with Network protocols, Linux C/C++, RESTful APIs, and web-based frontends. The exact area of the product that you work on will depend on your skills and interests.
- Fluent with networking solutions for enterprise WAN.
- Experience with Virtualization and Networking (Routers, Firewall, WAN)
- Handle end to end workflows including management plane (monitoring & configuration)
- Focus on ease of use targeting mid-to large enterprise customers.
- You should have at least 7 years industry experience, and at least 2 years of product management experience. Prior experience in engineering, technical marketing or product marketing is useful as well.
- Networking certifications (CCNP, CCIE etc), MBA, and Engineering degree are pluses.2+ years experience building and managing fast, agile teams
- Experience with third party Cloud Services (AWS, Rackspace, etc).
- Security expertise with NG Firewalls, Cloud Security services
- Ability to drive external partners and use them to provide extend our solutions or build custom solutions