Product Designer UX – Cloud/Data R&D – Palo Alto, CA
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID 1199634 Date posted Jul. 11, 2018
Bring the Power of Continuous Learning at Scale
As a Product Designer at Pivotal, you will apply your craft on a range of products, services, and experiences. Our culture provides an opportunity to explore the edges of the technologies we're evolving with our customers. Some of your work will be very practical user interface design applied to services used by thousands of software teams, who in-turn impact millions of consumers around the globe (including you!). Other work will be speculative and generative explorations that you carry out across the organization to discover, frame, and prioritize solutions.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will research, collate and synthesize user needs to help conceive, define, and evolve solutions for our users across a range of mediums and experiences. Your portfolio will show that you've worked on challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and visual design. In addition you will be expected to:
- Lead design on a team of multidisciplinary practitioners and help solve big and complex problems
- Build and share empathy with people in order to deeply understand them and their needs
- Advocate for users and delivering designs in a dynamic work environment
- Advocate, mentor and educate on the benefits of design thinking to product teams and new designers alike
- Find a way through fuzzy, complicated, organizational challenges
- Pair with product managers to write, prioritize, and accept stories in development backlogs
- Design and facilitate co-creation design workshops
- Challenge teams to think bigger and act smaller
- Present work, concepts and new ideas to senior leadership teams
Who we are looking for
- We are currently only looking for candidates with extensive experience leading cross discipline teams and that exemplify leadership. We are looking for someone who can help hire, mentor and train people
- We are looking for someone who can be a thought leader, undertaking explorations into new technologies and territories while also delivering practical designs in a fast-moving product driven context
- We are passionate about building teams with a wide variety of experience, backgrounds and interests.
What’s it like to work at Pivotal
At Pivotal, we are opinionated about the cultural qualities that contribute to better digital products. Engineers, designers and product managers practice cross discipline pairing because we know this is how to grow skills, increase collaboration and deliver remarkable results. We work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently, so that we are able to meet new challenges and explore new ideas.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. We subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission: to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider you for this role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.