New Grad - R&D Launch Program - Quality Developer
,Palo Alto,California,United States of America, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1909752 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
University Launch Summary
University Launch is an immersive R&D new graduate program specifically designed for recent college graduates at theBachelor’slevel. University Launch new graduates will experience in-depth exposure to VMware’s products and business, best-in-class technical training opportunities, and career-boosting mentorships. This program will bring new graduates together and kickstart an impactful journey in VMware’s Product organization. Start dates are in July or August 2020.
VMware Cloud Foundation
VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), a VMware offering in exponential growth mode, is a hybrid cloud infrastructure platform to run modern workloads, from mission-critical workflows to containerized apps, in the private cloud, public cloud, and at the edge. VCF integrates compute, storage, networking, security, and cloud management services, including support for modern composable hardware, to create a consistent, and dynamically configurable, infrastructure.
We have ambitious goals to expand VCF infrastructure so it is simple and extensible to deploy, run and manage these modern workloads, which are distributed, hybrid, multi-cloud and elastic, much like cloud services. Additionally, these full stack infrastructure clusters, hardware(s) plus software(s), should be converted into programmable, intelligent, intent-driven software endpoints. deployed, secured, and easily managed at scale, like a software CI/CD pipeline. The infrastructure is intent-driven, whereby an application can provide its runtime characteristics and requirements of the infrastructure and expect the entire stack to configure itself intelligently. The infrastructure also reconfigures or maintains itself on a ongoing basis, to support these hybrid applications’ dynamic, elastic needs.
VMware Cloud Foundation team is looking for software quality developers who are passionate about changing the future of Hybrid Cloud and promote VMware’s vision of Any App, Any Device, Any Cloud to join System Test Organization
As a MTS Quality Developer, you will
- You will be responsible for writing comprehensive end to end test cases, deliver test automation code, execute tests
- Pursue broad problem sets, and trusted to implement well-engineered solutions.
You have knowledge in the areas of distributed systems, networking, object oriented programming and virtualization software(desirable)
In the system test team we consider ourselves to be the first customer. This means that we anticipate problems customers will experience before they experience them, and we do this through writing comprehensive end to end test cases. We utilize automation to build the test environments and execute the test cases. In addition to testing functionality we also have the opportunity to think creatively, and craft the product features and behavior to create a better user experience for the customer.
- Design and maintain test design specification document based on requirements
- Design, implement, execute tests and track test deliverables to product release schedule
- Write high quality test code to execute complex tests on a highly scalable distributed system
- Pursuing a BS in CS or relevant major
- Desire to work in a fast paced, highly reciprocal environment.
- Develops automation with product delivery and quality in mind.
- Strong coding skills (Python or Java)
- Strong experience with Linux and Windows based environments.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere or understanding of virtualization (compute and network) preferred
- Good working knowledge of web applications, data warehouses and RESTful API-based testing platforms
- 0-1 year of relevant job experience in Software Development or Test Automation
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware