New Grad- NSBU Quality Engineering- Launch
,Palo Alto,California,United States of America, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1909209 Date posted Sep. 18, 2019
New Graduate Opportunities:
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
University Launch Summary:
University Launch is an immersive R&D new graduate program specifically designed for recent college graduates at theBachelor’slevel. University Launch new graduates will experience in-depth exposure to VMware’s products and business, best-in-class technical training opportunities, and career-boosting mentorships. This program will bring new graduates together and kickstart an impactful journey in VMware’s Product organization. Start dates are in July or August 2020.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Are you interested in working on one of the below teams?
Storage Applications, Networking Security, Cloud Platform, Cloud Native, Cloud Management Business Unit, Cloud Foundation, Office of the CTO
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We are searching for talented, dynamic, hands-on QE engineers who have passion for and expertise in coding. You will be responsible for testing networking protocols, improving the automation process, triaging automation issues, enhancing the automation framework with new next-gen capabilities, and developing new test automation to ensure product quality.”
- Analyze requirements, develop automated tests and test strategies to cover the Functional aspects, and track defects for the NSX platform
- Drive automation efforts; build/enhance automation platform that will enable team to write automation tests quickly and efficiently.
- Work independently as well as in a team of engineers for designing and automating test cases.
- Participate in review of feature and design specification.
- Work with different teams (Development/Product Management/Operation/Support) to collect necessary information to improve and enhance existing test coverage.
- Handle activities to meet the delivery dates and report accurate, complete status.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passionate about technology and how it is changing the world for the better, especially within the cloud computing technologies space
- Coursework (in some) of the following: Algorithms, Data Structures, Storage and\or Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Machine Learning, Compilers, Networking, Distributed Systems, Web Development
- Knowledge in one or more of the programming languages: C, C++, Java, or Go programming
- Knowledge in Python, Perl, shell, or other scripting languages
- School and/or industry projects involving significant design and development
- Knowledge of Networking L2/L3 protocols
- Knowledge of Virtualization concepts
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware