MTS III - VMC Autoscaler
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1910871 Date posted Jul. 18, 2019
The Autoscaler team is seeking an engineer to build the VMware HA technology in VMC. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that is working on some of cutting edge Cloud features like AutoRemediation, Elastic-DRS /Elastic Cluster and Multi-AZ. This team is also responsible for developing and maintaining vSphere features that ensure that VMs are highly-available and protected against failures ranging from Host failures to Storage and Networking outages across multiple Availability Zones. If you have a real passion for building cloud systems that are highly scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant, then you will fit right in. We are looking for engineers with high levels of ownership and who thrive in an open, innovative and technology-driven culture.
- Define, implement, and support complex software modules in VMC micro-service architecture
- Design, implement, test & debug HA functionality.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for delivering design & functional specifications.
- Provide detailed scheduled estimates for development efforts.
- Help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to help guide the evolution of our platform
- Masters degree in computer science with 3+ years of experience developing software.
- Strong fundamentals in OOP, Distributed Systems, Concurrency, Clustering, and Multi-threaded systems.
- Significant Java/C++ coding experience.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Exposure to building cloud based services.
- Experience participating in agile development is a plus.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and demonstrated ability to add value and succeed in a fast-paced environment.