Member of Technical Staff - QE
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1904568 Date posted May. 02, 2019
Title: Member of Technical Staff
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enables our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions ranging from the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees’ digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Our solutions provide every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time.
While VMware is a big company, our billion+ business division feels like a start-up and is fast paced, inventive, exciting and fun. At the core of our business are our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience. Our cloud-based desktop Virtualization solutions are state-of-the-art and will push you to your creative limits. We’re a dedicated team that is fanatic about our customers, scale, efficiency, design and quality.
To learn more, check out our product pages:
Job Role and Responsibility:
We are searching for talented, dynamic, hands-on System Test engineers who have passion for and expertise in coding. You will be responsible for improving the automation process, triaging automation issues, enhancing the automation framework with new next-gen capabilities, and developing new test automation to ensure product quality.
- Are you passionate about delivering quality software, highly technical, and detail oriented?
- Are you driven to understand how the software is implemented and have extensive experience with writing robust/reliable automated tests that can stand the test of time?
- Do you love technology and thrive under the high standards required when creating a platform that others can build upon?
If yes, here is an opportunity for you:
- Analyze requirements, develop automated tests and test strategies to cover the Scalability and Performance aspects, and track defects for Horizon Desktop offering of Workspace ONE platform
- Drive automation efforts; build/enhance automation platform that will enable team to write automation tests quickly and efficiently.
- Work independently as well as in a team of engineers for designing and automating test cases.
- Participate in review of feature and design specification.
- Work with different teams (Development/Product Management/Operation/Support) to collect necessary information to improve and enhance existing test coverage.
- Handle activities to meet the delivery dates and report accurate, complete status.
- 3-5 years of experience in quality engineering, automation, development of enterprise software
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or Java, with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code
- Experience with testing/automating Web Services and RESTful APIs
- Hands on experience in building automation framework and scale/stress testing
- Deep understanding of software design principles
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Experience working in Linux & Windows environments
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in large scale distributed environments.
- Proficiency/experience with virtualization / cloud platforms VMware, AWS, Azure.