Member of Technical Staff - Product Owner
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1907437 Date posted Oct. 10, 2019
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 20000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware SaaS Platform and New Technologies Group
VMware’s IT is looking for a Product Owner / Techno Functional IT Analyst to own the design and development of VMware's next-generation B2B, Advanced Pricing, EDI solutions to support VMware’s On-Prem and SaaS Initiatives. Our organization supports VMware offer to Fulfilment/provisioning/Billing functions with platforms and systems capabilities. We are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility.
- You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong Techno functional architecture and platform engineering skills and can easily switch between technology paradigms
- You love working with some of the best engineers, product managers, architects,and Devops staff around the world
- You strive to excel and to innovate
- You will bring your domain experience / expertise in On-Prem and Subscription Offer Management/Pricing/EDI/Order Management areas, and drive the adoption of robust practices as we build a scalable On-Prem and SaaS Billing platforms for long-term business supportability.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4- 7 years of overall experience with a minimum of 4+ years in an Technical / Functional expertise in eCommerce solutions EDI, Advanced Pricing, Installed Base, Service Contracts based on Oracle EBS
- Willingness to move to newer technologies
- A complete understanding of SDLC and CD/CI
- Understands the capability of Oracle EBS, EDI, B2B frameworks, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle PL/SQL and Oracle Workflow
- Deep knowledge of EDI and Oracle EBS customization/extension methodologies
- Expertise with Oracle EBS 11i or R12, including multiple full life-cycle implementation and configuration of the application
- Oracle SCM functional experience in EDI, Order Management, Inventory, Advanced Pricing, install base, Service contract, and the Order to Cash cycle.
- Strong communication Skills
Nice to Have Experience
- Experience in SAP CRM SOM/ECC
- Experience in Provider Order & Provider Contract along with integrations between the various modules like SOM, CC, CI is a huge plus
- Experience in API based architecture involving Oracle/SAP functional modules
VMwareisanEqualOpportunityEmployerandProhibitsDiscriminationandHarassmentofAnyKind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.