Manager, Digital Channels
,Palo Alto,California,United States of America, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1913676 Date posted Oct. 15, 2019
MANAGER, DIGITAL CHANNELS, GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS
About VMware Communications Team:
Storytelling is at the heart of VMware’s future growth; with great stories we inspire our customers, influencers, stakeholders and employees with the positive impact VMware technologies can have in business and the world. The Global Communications team leads the storytelling function at VMware. We are a team of around 70 international communications professionals spanning public relations, reputation management, analyst relations, executive communications, integrated storytelling, and employee communications. It’s a fast paced, dynamic, and exciting environment in a high-growth company. We’re looking for team members who have big bold goals, a great attitude, who are smart, thoughtful, collaborative and organized, and who thrive at the center of always-on communications.
This role sits under the Integrated Storytelling and Tech PR Team within Global Communications.
VMware is looking to augment existing resources to increase our ability to scale our enterprise wide intranet project (VMware Source) as we evolve and migrate our intranet to a new platform.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Channels and Strategy, the Digital Channels Manager will drive the operations, management, experience and user adoption of VMware’s corporate Intranet, VMware Source.
As the lead of this internal digital channel, you will work in close partnership with IT, HR, functional business leaders and the Communications teams globally to be the user advocate of this important content and communications platform.
This person will drive the phased roll out of VMware Source that is hosted on the Drupal content management system. For all stages of the VMware Source development, this person will be responsible for the visual design, site navigation, site content framework, engagement and training of users, coordination with key stakeholders, and joint oversight of the technology. You will be accompanied by a team of multi-disciplinary experts to support you through many important decisions and milestones of this project.
The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, demonstrate a sense of urgency, and be detail and deadline-oriented. S/he also must have a passion for forging partnerships and collaborating with teams and colleagues on a global level.
- Execute an intranet strategy and roadmap designed to advance the company’s digital workplace strategy while driving platform engagement rates that meets and exceed industry benchmarks.
- Implement fresh ideas for keeping the platform engaging and up-to-date.
- Explore opportunities to drive innovation, enhancements, automation, and improved efficiencies
Technology and Information Architecture:
- Lead all efforts to create and maintain a sound information architecture, inclusive of site navigation and taxonomy for all business units.
- Supports all aspects of intranet roadmap deliverables: provide, review and prioritize business requirements and user stories, and participate in QA and user acceptance testing of all releases (phased or sprint releases).
- Advance VMware Source enterprise search that is powered by Coveo.
Governance and Change Management:
- Partner on the Source Governance Committee, working with IT, HR, Employee Communications and global functional business units to build and deliver the strategies and roadmap. Uphold governance model and set expectations and SLAs with content stakeholders.
- Champion the use VMware Source to drive business productivity through effective communications.
- Support change management efforts around communicating actively, engaging and training users and all main stakeholders and user groups.
- Establish and maintain a feedback/continuous improvement processes with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Manage relationships with IT, governance team and key business stakeholders to ensure a continuous level of commitment and support.
- Work directly with the IT development team (primarily based in Bangalore, India) and key stakeholders to understand business needs, track business requirements and ensure alignment.
Data and Insights:
- Conduct research to identify trends and insights within the marketplace to optimize user experience and create a best in class digital platform.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to monitor site analytics and reports on key performance indicators (KPIs). Provide recommendations for improvements/changes based on these insights.
- This role requires the individual to:
- Attend important meetings with key stakeholders, leaders and team, as needed.
- Attend critical early morning or evening conference calls with IT and support colleagues in Bangalore, India.
- Participate in occasional evening and weekend meetings to support delivery/launch of project releases.
- Extremely customer focused
- Have the tenacity and agility to adapt to a complex environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to influence and build partnerships at all levels
- Drive for success and demonstrating key results
- Can operate as a respected business partner, not simply taking direction
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, highly creative, and proactive
- Ability to work independently
- Strong business acumen with project management skills
- A natural communicator (verbal and written)
- Keen eye for detail