Intern - Office of the CTO - HPC Scheduling Project
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R188084 Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
Intern – Office of the CTO – HPC Scheduling Project
VMware is the world leader in virtualization and can offer unique value propositions for those running High Performance Computing workloads. The use of virtualization for HPC is an emerging trend in the industry. As an intern at VMware, you will gain exposure to cutting edge High Performance Computing (HPC) and Virtualization technologies. Apply for our internship in Boston, MA and have a real impact in defining what virtualized HPC is and how to make it a reality.
Job Role and Responsibilities
This intern will work as a member of the Office of the CTO’s High Performance Computing team to help build proof-of-concept integrations between HPC job scheduling mechanisms and VMware virtualization software to help create a dynamic virtual machine provisioning model for virtualized HPC.
- Design and develop a dynamic virtual machine provisioning model for virtualized HPC needs
- Develop automated tests for the provisioning model to estimate time-to-solution efficiency
- Solid and proven coding skills in Python or Java
- School projects or research experience in cloud automation, orchestration and/or related technolgies
- Previous research internship experience is a plus.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, including commercial and open-source.
- Pursuing master or higher degree in computer science or related discipline.
- Familarity with HPC job or task scheduling is a plus.
- Familarity with Linux HPC cluster systems, including interconnect, storage and accelerators, e.g. InfiniBand, Lustre, GPGPU, etc is a plus.