Director of Product Marketing
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1912302 Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
Join the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU) to help VMware as THE leader in the emerging network and workload security space. Product Marketing plays a meaningful role in driving solutions into the marketplace by understanding the current market environment and developing a strategy to drive customer and partner awareness of the benefits of adopting VMware products and solutions. Our team is looking for a Director of Product Marketing Manager (PMM) with a background in cloud networking and security technologies to focus on the strategy and marketing aspects of the Network Security portfolio.
PMM in the NSBU lead cross-functional teams, setting the vision for product go-to-market strategy, monitoring key performance indicators and understanding the dynamics of both direct and channel sales and influencing many teams towards common goals. They are also responsible for driving the marketing strategy, positioning, messaging, packaging, field enablement and evangelism for their solutions. PMM focused on our fast-growing portfolio understand the optimal methods and tactics to take the VMware networking and security solutions to market with initiatives around ecosystem go-to-market, thought leadership and sales specialist engagement. You will work closely groups like NSBU product management, engineering and sales specialist teams as well as VMware and Partner Alliance teams.
· Influence long-term strategies while concurrently driving today’s business results and execution
· Own the core product positioning and messaging across customers and use-cases for the security products
· Develop strategy and execute plans to scale go-to-market strategy, sales and partner enablement
· Develop strategy and execute plans to achieve thought leadership in emerging product domains
· Design and deliver crisp sales plays to facilitate guided selling for targeted use cases
· Deliver key storylines, differentiators, and value propositions to the field and key partners
· Work with a cross-functional team (e.g. sales, product management, engineering, pricing)
· Create and drive innovative initiatives to enable awareness and adoption of VMware networking and security portfolio
· Approximately 8+ years of work experience across product management, product marketing, or management consulting directly related to the enterprise software technology industry
· Security, Cloud, SaaS or network management experience highly desired
· Proven analytical abilities and critical thinking. Demonstrated ability to develop creative and non-traditional solutions
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
· Extensive experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives
· Experience enabling or engaging with enterprise-class sales teams, alliances teams and channels
· Strong leader, strategic thinker, self-starter and proven great teammate in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
· Bachelors in engineering, computer science (Masters a plus) or related industry experience, MBA preferred