Director of Product Management
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1911523 Date posted Sep. 07, 2019
Business Summary: Cloud Management
You've seen the disruption in the IT industry motivated by the cloud, devops, containers – and now AI/ML. We are a practical, user-focused team of software engineers, data scientists, web designers and product managers and marketers dedicated to transforming the way our users view and control their cloud infrastructure.
Are you eager to join a team with mature approach to building and delivering product? In this role you will guide and lead cross-functional product and teams to deliver value for our customers, helping author, communicate and drive execution of our strategy.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to lead the integration and transformation of the vRealize product line. You will work directly with an engineering team in all facets of day-to-day software development, taking into consideration a variety of partners, business leaders, and customers to evaluate product opportunities for business. In parallel, you will develop and articulate a medium and long-term product strategy as our product line expands. You will be responsible for defining what success means for your products, guiding the team to make investment and divestment decisions, based on business outcomes and objectives.
· Demonstrated experience in IT systems management: capacity planning, troubleshooting and monitoring, automated provisioning, and/or service management
· Experience bringing new, technology products and services to market.
· Experience engaging with customers globally to synthesize feature specifications.
· Ability to work in and drive cross functional teams, including development and UX, to deliver product to market.
· Capable presenter who is comfortable leading face to face customer meetings and presenting to small-medium size audiences.
· Technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of exceptional engineers
· Ability to handle a number of concurrent activities with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
· Lead and manage team of talented, tenured Product Managers.
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Proven technical foundation with business perspective. You will be a self-starter who is passionate about product design.
· Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure, and/or OpenStack
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.