Customer Engineer, NSX Service Mesh
,Palo Alto,California,United States of America, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1912925 Date posted Oct. 22, 2019
Customer Engineer, NSX Service Mesh
Palo Alto, California
VMware Networking & Security solutions provide consistent, pervasive connectivity and security for apps and data, wherever they reside -- from the data center to the cloud and the edge. Building on the momentum of NSX Data Center for cloud-native applications, VMware is expanding its NSX portfolio to include an enterprise-class service mesh that works across any K8s environment. The recently announced NSX Service Mesh provides discovery, visibility, control, and security of users, apps, and data on any application platform or public cloud.
VMware is looking for a Customer Engineer to join our NSX Service Mesh team. In this role, you will work with field teams to introduce NSX Service Mesh to our customers and set them on the path towards success. You will help prospective and existing customers understand the power of NSX Service Mesh, develop creative solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
The NSX Service Mesh team operates in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment where the successful candidate will wear many hats and their work will have a real impact on the future of the NSX business. You will have an opportunity to contribute at an early stage and learn many new aspects of service mesh and related technologies. You’ll be part of a small team that has a culture of ownership, open communication, innovation, teamwork, and customer focus.
- At least 4+ years industry experience in a technical role: systems engineering, solutions architecture, or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
- Deep technical depth and hands-on expertise in 2 or more of the following: Kubernetes, service mesh, SDN, networking, software virtualization, distributed systems, and security
- Experience in data center and/or public cloud architectures and components.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud-native space.
- Ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical audiences, engaging C-Level in business and technology transformation.
- An MBA and engineering or computer science undergraduate degrees are pluses
- Inspire and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve difficult problems with innovative solutions.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concepts (POCs), and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Present, demonstrate, and run workshops to educate customers on NSX Service Mesh, and highlight technical advantages and business value.
- Work hands-on with NSX Service Mesh and other VMware cloud-native products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer environments.
- Recommend solutions and architectures required to successfully implement complete solutions.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other events as needed.