Commissions Global Process Owner
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1911491 Date posted Aug. 18, 2019
Commissions Global Process Owner, VMware
Palo Alto, CA
You will join a team of high-performing and results oriented professionals who support worldwide operations for the finance and accounting within the Corporate Controllership. Specifically, you will join a group of domain experts who are passionate about process execution, transformation, and being a collaborative partner to our customers. This role reports to the Senior Director & Controller of Accounting Operations.
Job Role and Responsibility
Are you a hands-on, execution focused leader who can (and will) dive into the details to transform processes and be a change agent? Do you have a passion to help ensure our operations can support and enable the Company’s growth? If so, this role may be an excellent opportunity for you!
VMware is looking for a leader to drive and transform our commission processes, specific to the sales finance, accounting, reporting, and payments. We’re looking for a charismatic and driven leader with a strong accounting and finance operational experience to join the team and help make an impact to transform our processes to scale with VMware’s growth and strategic offerings.
Process Transformation & Domain Expertise
- You bring experience and operational knowledge of sales finance, sales operations, and commissions to define requirements and effectively partner across a broad constituency of stakeholders.
- System implementations: Represent finance and accounting in the global roll-out of CallidusCloud as the enterprise-wide sales compensation application, incorporating local, payroll, statutory and tax requirements. Develop and support end-to-end testing strategies, partner with key users and IT and providing metrics for testing to key stakeholders and leadership.
- Lead the development of high-quality documentation, including capturing process objectives, design decisions, and processes/workflow requirements.
- Organizational influence and management: Experience with working with a cross functional team and driving key priorities (and being able to influence those who may not directly report to you).
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the commissions process and implement improvements that minimize risk and maintain compliance.
- Support the corporate accounting and operational finance teams during the financial statement close cycle and reporting process and assist in the resolution of any system or process escalations.
- Partner with finance policy and technical accounting on any relevant policy matters or relevant accounting codification (ASCs) or accounting pronouncements that require operational implementation.
- Actively communicate and maintain transparency: Provide proactive and real time updates of your portfolio to keep leadership and stakeholders aware and informed.
Operational Excellence and Execution
- Ability to identify and root cause operational issues, problem solve and recommend solutions, and drive issues to closure in a timely and well thought out manner
- Design, analyze, and evaluate key performance indicators. Actively monitor trends and reconcile any deviations to uncover any process defects. Translate data into meaningful insights to drive effective decisions and / or resource planning (inclusive of performance management).
- In partnership with the Sales Finance / Commissions Finance team (and as applicable, Sales Operations), facilitate and own all operational debriefs (post action reviews) to provide meaningful and timely root cause assessment.
- SOX Controls: Identify internal controls and design processes that will optimize and maintain SOX compliance. Drive alignment and execution with key business stakeholders (commissions operations, sales operations, commissions / sales finance) to ensure that SOX narratives and key controls are properly documented and executed.
- Participate in team/staff/project meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Support M&A integrations (as applicable)
- Support SAAS activities and any other high priority strategic projects (as needed)
- 7+ years in accounting / finance / sales operations and commissions role
- Proficiency with sales compensation / planning tools
- BA/BS degree (Accounting or Finance)
- Ability to influence, lead, and drive results through others in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Strong analytical and excellent project management skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels to champion and drive cross-functional collaboration
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation
- Inspire employees and stakeholders to develop a culture of continuous improvement; drive accountability, consistency, accuracy, and compliance with internal controls
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative solutions
- Must be able to drive change in a fast-moving environment and work effectively across the organization, with operational as well as financial people
- Experience in SAP, Oracle, and other SaaS applications
- Highest standard of ethics and integrity
- Experience with CallidusCloud is a significant differentiator
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.