Business Program Manager-Strategist/Cloud/aaS Transformation
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R42803 Date posted Jul. 02, 2019
Senior Consultant, Program Manager Cloud / aaS Transformation
Austin, TX, Palo Alto, CA, Hopkinton, MA or Washington area
Full-Time, Regular Role
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Consultant on the Cloud Transformation team.
The Cloud Transformation Organization is a newly formed team with the objective to make Dell Technologies a leader in the hybrid- and multi-cloud world; cloud success requires us to transform how we do business: how we sell, how we price, how we support, and how we build our products. In this critical and highly visible role you will work closely with business leaders to develop cloud capabilities that will be sustainable and scalable as more of our business is offered and consumed as a service.
- Run a complex and dynamic workstream to establish cloud capabilities in various industry segments e.g. services, finance, sales, marketing, partner programs, etc.
- Lead efforts to transform processes set up for Hardware or Software sales to support subscription services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Work together with business owners (e.g. sales, product, services) and functional leads (e.g. finance, operations) to determine the future state of Dell Technology Cloud capability requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments to define, plan and execute on a cloud transformation workstream.
- Extensive experience as a program, process improvement or transformational leader within the cloud space; experience with any of the following is highly desired, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Experience driving customer facing and revenue generating change in the business
- Experience working with various industry segments e.g. services, finance, marketing, sales, partner programs etc.; Fortune 500 company exposure is a requirement
- Expert problem solving and communication skills; must have the ability to present to, and effectively influence, senior leaders across organization
- 15+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; MBA helpful but not a requirement
- PMP certification
- Background with infrastructure HW (e.g. servers, storage, networking) or SW (e.g. server virtualization, containers, software defined infrastructure)
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.