Sr. Experience Design Engineer
Overland Park, KansasJob ID R035186 Date posted Sep. 14, 2019
Senior User Interface Engineer
Overland Park, KS
RSA, a Dell Technologies business, offers business-driven security solutions that uniquely link business context with security incidents to help organizations manage digital risk and protect what matters most. RSAs award winning solutions are designed to effectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user identities and access; and, reduce business risk, fraud, and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90% of the Fortune 500 companies thrive in an uncertain, high-risk world.
RSA is looking for a dynamic, passionate individual to joint he RSA Archer XD team as a Senior Experience Designer. The right candidate will take a holistic approach to user experience as they consider the users journey over time as they interact with RSA Archer. They will work collaboratively with stakeholders and users in defining and communicating the vision, while supporting its execution.
RSA Archer is recognized by Gartner as a perennial leader for risk management solutions. RSA Archer offers the depth, breadth and adaptability organizations require to manage risk in multiple domains, combined with the ecosystem and track record to deliver strategic value to its customers. RSA Archer assists organizations mature their risk management programs by providing a full suite of multi-disciplinary risk management use cases in eight critical solution areas all built on top of a single configurable, integrated platform.
As the responsibility for risk ownership and management continues to transfer to the first line of defense and due to the rapid evolution of the enterprise software design, it is imperative that RSA Archer maintains a fresh, user persona-based product design that provides users with the data and capabilities they need, when and where they want it, and in the form they want.
The RSA XD team works with customers, product managers, marketing, documentation, and product development teams throughout the product lifecycle to understand user needs, behaviors and motivations, and to design meaningful and engaging user experiences.
- Work with a cross-function Agile team and other XD team members to understand requirements and create user-centric story maps, designs and plans. Help establish product design and usability goals.
- Help define and develop key workflows and interaction models, wireframes and prototypes and communicate them effectively in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Work within brand guidelines to ensure designs are not only user friendly, but remain consistent with other RSA products and our brand framework.
- Communicate and validate designs by creating user task flows, storyboards, wire frames, prototypes, and user interface design specifications.
- Advocate for the user through customer interviews and working groups, user research, persona development, and usability testing.
- Plan and conduct usability tests, including creation of test plans and scripts, session facilitation, post-test recommendations, and ultimately use feedback to modify and refine designs.
- Contribute to design reviews, and collaborate with the Engineering and Quality Engineering teams on bug identification and resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and ability to demonstrate well-researched best-in-class use and/or application of XD principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Top notch communication and presentation skills
- Strong interaction design and information architecture background
- Strong visual design skills are a plus
- Experience with standard design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision, Axure, and Proto.i.o, as well as whiteboards and storyboarding techniques.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment consisting of Product Management, Development, QE, Customer Support, Sales and others.
- Strong understanding of an Agile development environment.
- Solid project management skills.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong customer focus, grasp of user-centered design and general UX best practices.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a bonus.
- Previous experience in the cybersecurity domain is a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re as focused on enhancing the user experience as we are, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 2/1/2018
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.