Software Principal Engineer
Overland Park, KansasJob ID R89526 Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
Software Principal Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Principal Engineer on our RSA Archer Architecture team in Overland Park, Kansas.
The Architecture team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Provide technical and cultural leadership to the engineering organization
- Break down complex problems into simple to understand concepts and components
- Lead the migration to React and other front end technologies
- Provide guidance during the transition to SaaS
- Create standards for others to follow in order to execute well on the front end migration
- Teach others in the organization about concepts core to UI/UX development
- Experience migrating applications to React
- Ability to teach others
- Understanding of User Experience design
- Knowledgeable in building front end applications
- 5-7 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher or sufficient experience to offset formal education deficiencies.
- Ability to clearly communicate through speech, text, and visual forms.
- Skilled at representing ideas visually
- Strong focus on culture over technology
- Clear understanding of CAP Theorem, Just Culture, Conway's Law, probabilities, chaos engineering, resilient systems, and consensus protocols.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 15 March 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.