Principal Software Engineer
Overland Park, KansasJob ID R84039 Date posted Jun. 27, 2019
Principal Software Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Software Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Overland Park.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
As a CI/CD engineer, you will be working collaboratively with an agile software engineering department to automate and streamline the process of source code management (SCM), defect tracking, code inspection, software build and release operations, and SQA test automation infrastructure.
- Create/modify/maintain build and release definitions for RSA products.
- Represents the product team needs and leads collaboration with other CI/CD Engineers on process and policy improvements.
- Continuously improve CI/CD pipelines, tools, processes and procedures.
- Lead in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools for release and CI/CD engineering
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and operations concepts.
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline.
- Expertise with Git-based source code management tools such as GitHub
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with other pipeline tools such as Artifactory, NuGet, Maven, etc
- Bachelors of Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience as a CI/CD engineer
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with and deploying to AWS or other cloud offerings
- Familiarity with C# and .NET programming
- Exposure to microservices architecture
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: August 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.