Principal DevOps Engineer
Overland Park, KansasJob ID R86399 Date posted Jan. 08, 2019
Job Posting Title: DevOps Engineer, Principal
RSA creates a wide range of industry-leading products that allow customers to take control of risk. Whether those risks stem from external cyber threats, identity and access management challenges, online fraud, compliance pressure or any number of other business and technology issues.
RSA’s goal is to deliver our products to customers as rapidly as possible. To support this we are increasing the efficiency and speed of software engineering and deployment. We are building out a DevOps team to support transformation of our Engineering and Operations team. This is an exciting opportunity for a DevOps engineer who has a passion for enabling rapid code build pipelines.
You will have an opportunity to support RSA’s ongoing large scale cloud initiatives. This will involve you working closely with skilled Development and Operations teams, using your experience to ensure that all needs are met as part of code and infrastructure deployment.
You will be expected to understand the needs of software development, operations and security teams. As the “glue” between development and operations you will be learn the products, provide guidance to all teams and ensure DevOps Methodologies are followed.
- Working experience with cloud based infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy)
- Experience with configuration and orchestration tools (e.g Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, OpsWorks)
- Worked with containers and micro-service architectures (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Software Development experience with a high level language and associated IDEs and Revision Control tools (eg Eclipse, Git)
- Understanding of all aspects of a SaaS application stack and associated technologies (Network, OS, Web, App, DB, Storage)
- Able to work in both Linux and Windows based environments and associated code frameworks (eg .NET)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- BS in CS, IT, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in software engineering, with at least 2 years working in development operation type roles
- Experience in developing new deployment pipelines and processes from scratch
- Experience with SaaS services that have migrated to cloud environments
- Prior experience with highly available and fault tolerant production architectures in the cloud
- Deep understanding of AWS tool suites and capabilities
- Experience with hardening to meet security standards
- Worked with products that have compliance requirements
- Strong English skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to interface with business and technical management
- Experience in working in a mission critical environments
- Experience in working with customers
- Ability to work well under pressure within a technically challenging environment
- Excellent problem solving, logical, and analytical abilities
- Solid understanding of change management, App Support and Tech Support services
- Strong commitment to organizational work ethics
- Well Organized