Technical Support Manager - Draper, UT or Oklahoma City, OK
Draper, Utah, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United StatesJob ID R045572 Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Support Manager at Dell
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
- Key Responsibilities
- Accountable for operational results in terms of group and department performance standards/metrics, customer satisfaction and budget/expenses.
- Ensures that technical support programs are current with regard to upgrades, new product releases, trends, practices and cost.
- Ensures that all issues are escalated in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Responsible for achieving target customer satisfaction levels within the technical support organization.
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Resolves and directs technical and customer satisfaction issues to ensure a quality support environment and to obtain maximum customer based satisfaction.
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic plans, initiatives, and direction.
- Accountable for scheduling, work plans, technical direction, staffing, and performance management/development of employees in assigned areas.
- 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2+ years managerial/leadership experience
- 3+ years experience monitoring employee performance and providing feedback on an individual level
- 3+ years experience analyzing KPIs and what behaviors drive/influence them and setting/adjusting performance metrics
- 5+ years experience within a contact center, data center, and/or call-center
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.