Technical Support Engineer I
Oklahoma City, OklahomaJob ID R89900 Date posted Jul. 08, 2019
Technical Support Engineer 1
Oklahoma City, OK
Technical Support Agents ~ seeking candidates ready to fast-launch their careers
What will your next opportunity look like? Will it provide hands-on, technical and customer-facing training designed just for you—the eager self-starter? Will you have a career coach, mentor, and large infrastructure of tools to help you succeed? Will you have the perfect balance of being part of an established company, with a start-up, entrepreneur-ism like no other in the industry?
If this is the job you dreamed of when beginning your career…then a Technical Support Agent role at Dell might be perfect for you. Dell is a 100,000 member-strong, global company, with sights set on changing the world. Come change the world with us and learn how other early career professionals are launching—and advancing—their careers.
As a Technical Support Agent, you will be a resident problem-solver, providing front-line support for a game changing, enterprise-wide support service. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your expertise to identify issues, investigate root causes, and recommend solutions to help our customers. You will have the opportunity to partner with our highly skilled technical advisors, who provide solutions to our customer’s most complex issues. You can be a hero by being the first person to resolve our customers IT issues, but you will have the backing of our technical support team as the complexity of issues increases.
The Technical Support Engineer 1 is responsible for providing telephone/email and remote diagnostic technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers. Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products. Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures. Documents problems in the support knowledge database for diagnostics and solution implementation. In addition, this position will have responsibilities around centralizing reporting and enabling web-based reports.
- Responds to customer technical problems/issues related to hardware, software and networking via e-mail and phone
- Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service issues
- Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts
- Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions
- Identifies and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems
- Monitors and tracks issues to ensure accurate resolution
- Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience according to Dell standards.
- Four-year degree
- Seeking: knowledge in .Net, Java, Web Development, scripting, SQL servers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with proven experience interacting with a range of personalities and styles, to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Willingness to work outside of usual business hours managing critical applications
- Ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures, and grasp technical concepts
- Ability to manage competing demands, multiple priorities, while remaining adaptable and flexible
- Nice to have: Actual development experience and Experience in Help Desk industry
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.