Technical Support Engineer - Draper, UT or Oklahoma City, OK
Draper, Utah, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United StatesJob ID R045608 Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
Technical Support Engineer
Draper, UT or Oklahoma City, OK
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Specialist for the Resolution Expert Center on our Client Technical Support team at Dell!
Dell's world-class customer service doesn’t end when a client purchases our innovative products. Our Client Tech Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
- Collaborate with peers, team leads, and engineers, and third party vendors to resolve business customer issues, maintaining complete ownership of issues from beginning to resolution
- Follow up with customers to ensure accurate resolution for their technical issues
- Provide an extraordinary customer service experience
- Our goal is to provide full customer satisfaction and reduce the overall cost of dissatisfaction to Dell.
- Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage of assigned products.
- Document problems, diagnostics, interactions, next steps, and solutions implementation in a CRM tool
- Actively listen to customer needs, and strive to resolve technical issues quickly, without sacrificing accuracy.
- Provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature; represents the company to the customer ensuring the customer is satisfied.
- Works closely with engineering, product management, and other key internal organizations to drive innovation and performance around product requirements, enhancements, process improvements and industry best practices
- 2+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
- High proficiency communicating and setting accurate expectations with business customers at all professional career levels
- Able to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures, grasp technical concepts, and adapt easily to change
- Strong background in Dell processes, procedures and tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with proven experience interacting with a range of personalities and styles, to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Must have a passion for learning and demonstrable intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional technical skills (Client platforms, networking, wireless, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience in a technical support or customer service role preferred
- Switch experience.
- VMware experience.
- Database knowledge.
- Service center environment experience.
- Significant telephone etiquette skills.
- Possesses strong knowledge of computer and software applications.
- Experienced in resolving issues effecting customer satisfaction.
- Works effectively and efficiently under time constraints and high stress/pressure environments.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.