Manager 2, Technical Support
Oklahoma City, OklahomaJob ID R039453 Date posted Oct. 26, 2019
Manager 2, Technical Support Process Deviation
Oklahoma City, Ok
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Manager 2on our Technical Support team in either Oklahoma City, OK.
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
- Manages the coordination, implementation, administration and execution of technical support programs, personnel, communications, projects, products, performance metrics/standards, as well as strategic policies and directives for assigned areas. Requires complete fundamental knowledge and awareness of goals and objectives. May participate in short and long-term planning for assigned area.
- Accountable for Process Deviation Support team results in terms of group and department performance standards/metrics, customer satisfaction and budget/expenses.
- Monitoring and analyzing the quality of operations through measurable KPIs and proactively taking corrective actions if and when needed.
- Accountable for scheduling, work plans, technical direction, staffing, and performance management/development of employees in assigned areas.
- Monitors employees' performance and provides ongoing feedback to the individuals.
- Collaborates with other managers, internally and occasionally externally, to influence and ensure that assigned technical support area is meeting internal and external needs, operating efficiently, cost effectively and acquiring appropriate information to meet customer needs and generate accurate reports.
- Identifies issues, provides input and makes recommendations regarding Technical Support programs, tools, projects, products, process, metrics, standards and customers. Ensures that all issues are escalated in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Ensures that technical support programs are current with regards to upgrades, new product releases, trends, practices and cost.
- Manages the activities of a group or department of individual contributors and/or supervisors responsible for providing on-site/remote support in resolving customer issues when problems have been escalated and the first line product support in the field has failed to identify or fix equipment or software issues. Provides customer support for moderately complex technical issues and problems.
- 3+ years experience monitoring employee performance and providing feedback on an individual level
- 3+ years experience analyzing KPIs and what behaviors drive/influence them and setting/adjusting performance metrics
- 5+ years experience within a contact center
- High school degree
- Bachelor's degree preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.