Senior Systems Engineer (Cleveland - Enterprise Pre-Sales)
Remote - Ohio, United StatesJob ID R027990 Date posted Aug. 06, 2019
DELL is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
This position is located in CLEVELAND, OHIO.
We currently have an opening on our Pre-sales team for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer.
Responsible for driving the technical sales strategy for DELL products and services in assigned customer accounts. As a member of a field account team, the candidate must demonstrate leadership abilities across a diverse set of matrix sales teams to accelerate the adoption of DELL EMC products and services.
- Works with Sales Team to develop & implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product & service & sales plans
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address & dispel customer objections to DELL solutions, & train the account team
- Previous experience in the data center environment, with expertise and experience discussing technology with customers, including storage, Virtualization / SDS, cloud, converge / hyper-converge, networking and servers.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address & dispel customer objections to DELL solutions, & train the account team. Competitive Knowhow of HPE, IBM, NetApp Storage Solutions is essential
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends & provides guidance on their application to external customers & feedback of business requirements back into DELL's engineering & marketing organizations
Candidate’s responsibilities should include involvement with the following:
- 8+ years of applicable experience with a Bachelor's degree.
- Extensive pre-sales, enterprise architecture or related experience
- Expertise in multiple enterprise/cloud technologies that may include but not limited to Compute, Networking, Storage, Virtualization, CI/HCI, DevOps and Cloud Operating/Consumption Models. Working knowledge of Storage Analysis and Monitoring Tools
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Competitive understanding of the different storage vendors offerings from HPE, IBM, Oracle, NetApp, etc.
- Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the IT Organization
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.