Dell Technologies Select Transformation Advisor
OhioJob ID R025080 Date posted Jul. 30, 2019
Dell Technologies Select Transformation Advisor
Remote Home Based
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
At Dell, our technology breaks new ground all around the world, every day. Our Global Account Sales team creates the conditions for us to make an ever greater impact, everywhere. Focusing on large customers with global reach, we shape and deliver sales strategies that generate results. Working closely with expert colleagues across Dell, we propose and provide perfect product solutions and we ensure satisfaction every time. Forging strong, ongoing relationships, we are passionate about developing new business – and so are our customers.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to drive sales of ground-breaking products with truly global impact, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
DT Select Transformation Advisor Overview
The DT Select Transformation Advisor represents the Dell Technologies portfolio (Dell, Dell EMC, VMware, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, Virtustream) and serves as a trusted advisor and thought leader to key clients and sales leadership on transformational opportunities and pursuits
The Transformation Advisor is both highly consultative and knowledgeable across a wide range of technology and business issues. This role will work closely with top customers and sales leaders across Dell Technologies and partners to understand, analyze and translate customer requirements (business and technical) into sales and transformational opportunities. This role will identify new opportunities, cConsult with DT Select field teams, and present Dell Technologies’ Points of View on Application/Digital, IT, Workforce, and Security transformation.
- Capture, understand and analyze customer business challenges and translate them into a Dell Technologies vision and solution
- Present and position the Dell Technologies Select Point of View on Transformation
- Strategically partner with field sales teams to explore, position and promote Dell Technologies’ solutions that bring about transformational change for the customer
- Understand how to develop the solutions required for each customer, demonstrating both business acumen and technical depth
- Work closely with Dell Technologies and partner organizations to identify strategic Transformation opportunities, assist in their prioritization, and ensure their smooth transition to teams that can guide our customers though their Transformation journeys.
- Provide practitioner intelligence on the market, competitors, customers and technology to the Dell Technologies companies and business units to capitalize on gained insights
- Stay current on industry trends (Cloud, Transformation, Digital, Analytics, IoT, etc.) and be able to articulate Dell Technologies’ value in these key areas
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires an accomplished, strategic hands-on Technical and thought leader with technical expertise across Dell Technologies portfolio. The DT Select Transformation Advisor also brings in-depth technical comprehension of current and emerging data center and Cloud technologies, combined with knowledge of how to apply these insights in a fast-paced and competitive sales environment. Additionally, the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 15 years relevant industry experience in in Technical IT pursuits (software, hardware), IT consulting and services sales, management consulting, enterprise sales, solution sales, and/or IT organizational leadership
- Experience working as or directly for CIOs and VPs of IT collaborating on, orchestrating and successfully driving large enterprise, technically comprehensive, and outcome-focused business projects
- Strong working knowledge of the Dell Technologies portfolio, including its unique value-add and competitive differentiation in the market
- Successful track record in large, complex environments and delivering high-impact results across political, matrixed organizations
- Solid understanding and/or practical experience with Cloud and data center technologies including: Cloud computing, hybrid cloud, PaaS, virtualization, storage, networking, IT operations, management, etc.
- Functional knowledge and competency in IT strategy and cost models, enterprise architecture and planning (large-scale, web-scale), private, public and Hybrid Cloud architecture & services, Big Data & Analytics, software development methodologies (Agile, DevOps), Converged infrastructure & security.
- Ability to present the Dell Technologies Select point of View on relevant Transformations (IT, Workforce, Security, Application/Digital) to sr. customer audiences and handle objections in an interactive manner.
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience; advanced graduate degree also highly valued
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.