Process Development Senior Engineer
Łódź, PolandJob ID R024445 Date posted Jul. 18, 2019
Process Development Senior Engineer
Manufacturing Process Engineering Department
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the European Manufacturing Facility Poland (EMFP) at Dell, we are looking for a Process Development Senior Engineer to join our team in Łódź.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Factory Process Engineering Team is responsible for determining operations required for assembly, test of products by reviewing specifications and other engineering data. Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Designs, introduces and maintains product (PC equipment) line infrastructure and processes. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations. On a daily basis Process Development Engineer:
- Develops and implements production processes for assembly and test of computer devices;
- Recommends and implements improvements and/or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization and related matters;
- Monitors assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards;
- Designs and implements effective and efficient production and business processes with respect to manufacturing, procurement, replenishment and fulfilment;
- Ensures sufficient manufacturing capacity to meet demand and is responsible for process quality and productivity improvements;
- Leads process changes and line layout related projects;
- Checks on new technology and methods for their use and improvement potential
- Engineering degree in area of Production Management, Controls or Electronics;
- 5+ years of relevant experience as Process, Industrial Engineer or Project Manager;
- 3+ years of experience as Team Leader with regional scope;
- Solid industrial engineering skills (flow analysis, simulations, capacity assessment);
- Solid knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen and formal problem solving tools;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, capable of handling multiple projects concurrently and possess a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Fluent English and Polish both verbal and written;
- Ability to work on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables;
- Solid knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria;
- Solid verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to allocate work and mentor others;
- Experience in using CAD and/or MTM software;
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Please be aware that according to Polish law all candidates applying for the role should provide the following statement in their CVs:
“I hereby give consent to Dell Products Poland Sp. z o.o. for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2002, item 1182 as amended.”
If you automatically wish to be considered for other roles in the future, please, include only the following statement in your CV:
“I hereby give consent to Dell Products Poland Sp. z o.o. for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of this as well as future recruitment processes under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2002, item 1182 as amended.”
Please, be aware that your consent for Dell Products Poland Sp. z o.o. to process your personal data included in your application will be cancelled upon your request.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.