Senior Engineer, Technical Support
North Ryde, AustraliaJob ID R035383 Date posted Sep. 19, 2019
Senior Engineer, Technical Support
North Ryde, Australia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Engineer on our DP Solutions team in North Ryde.
Technical Support – Enterprise
We go out of our way to give our customers the help they need. Our Enterprise Technical Support team specializes in our most highly technical and sophisticated products – from IT hardware and software to servers, networking, storage and the cloud. Issues can span installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage. Fully trained on the latest upgrades or new products, the team can diagnose the problem and recommend the right solution remotely by telephone, e-mail, chat or online.
- Consults and advises on more complex technical questions related to entire enterprise ecosystem
- Acts as central point of contact for product related issues and manages the customer relationship from a technical support perspective with minimal supervision
- Provides guidance, leadership, technical consultation and training to less experienced team members
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of knowledge database content
- Works closely with engineering, product management, and other key internal organizations to drive innovation and performance around product requirements, enhancements, process improvements and industry best practices
- On-call rotation and potential for working a weekend shift is included
- Well versed on Linux based Operating system - Prior work experience required on Linux (Suse, Redhat) servers.
- Networking skill - Experience on Networking, switch configurations and Network troubleshooting. Preferred experience dealing with VLAN configuration and Dell Switches.
- Well versed in troubleshooting skill
- Backup and Recovery knowledge, Prior Experience on Avamar, Data domain or similar backup products would be preferred.
- VMware vCenter and ESXi configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience in Backup and recovery on Cloud platforms. Experience on AWS and Azure would be preferred.
- Prior Experience in backup and recovery domain. Prior work experience on Avamar, Data domain would be preferred
- LDAP troubleshooting and configuration
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: 27 September 2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.