Senior Advisor, Solutions Architect - Cloud Networking
North Ryde, AustraliaJob ID R031940 Date posted Sep. 02, 2019
The Sr Advisor, Solutions Architect – Cloud Networking provides advanced technical and/or business consultative services for a high profile banking client. The supported environment is a virtualized networked environment provided to the customer as a managed service.
Successful applicants will need to understand and provide over-arching & holistic view of the service provided from a technical perspective. They will be key in assisting this client and other clients on design upgrades, expansions and configuration changes, so that the team can deliver to the agreed service level and or exceed the customers expectation. Provide support for day to day operations of the environment including problem resolution, tuning and configuration change.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and leadership for architectural design, strategies and plans in a Cloud Networking environment. Review clients Logical Design, DC architectures and solution overview prior to configuration, upgrades and expansions.
- Advise, develop and maintain design / architecture documentation for all changes. Follow best practices and advise the supporting team and client on practices that will reduce risk and provide stability up to and beyond industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of VMware SDDC and VMware products including NSX-T, NSX-V, vSphere vDS
- Provide support on networking components and configurations, advanced knowledge of networking is a must. Including but not limited to Cisco Nexus and UCS Compute.
- Advanced level Routing and Switching and ability to mentor and train other team members on concepts to CCNA level
- Work with in-house team to development & automate repeatable tasks and provide operational support
- Provide day to day support of existing environment, including participation in rostered after hours support duties, for problem solving and configuration changes and upgrades to the clients environment.
- Work with Global support and Engineering groups to resolve faults, create code fixes and qualify new solutions.
- Manage risks in the current environment, create remediation plans, document and track to completion within an ITIL framework.
- Work with Project management team providing technical assistance in planning and implementation of projects.
- Assist Client and supporting team with Disaster Recovery testing and implementation.
- Gain EMC Certification for products supported in the clients environment. Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of EMC and industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Industry Network certification; Cisco CCNP, VMware VCP Network Virtualisation
- In-depth technical knowledge of enterprise security architecture and network security concepts
- Expert level familiarity with the Cisco Nexus and Data Center product lines, including SAN (MDS), LAN (Nexus) 9K, 7K, 5K,3K 1K, Edge/Core Routing (Cisco ASR), Cisco UCS, Cisco UCS Director, Cisco UCS Central
- Expert level understanding of layer 2 switching, layer 3 routing, IP protocols, Ports & traffic flow patterns in typical DC environments. Advanced ability to troubleshoot and diagnose network issues with an ability to zone in on where problems may exist in a network.
- Solid understanding of firewall operations and associated TCP/UDP ports, IP protocols and traffic flows.
- Converged Server Technologies
- Converged Network Technologies
- Converged Infrastructure: (VxBlock, VxRack & VxRail systems preferred but not essential)
- Network Security: VMWare vCNS, VSG, Cisco ASA/vASA, HP TippingPoint, Citrix NetScaler
- Hypervisor Technology: VMWare ESXi (preferred), OpenStack KVM, Oracle VM, Citrix XenServer
- Data Center deployment at scale, Cisco ACI, Cisco MP- BGP EVPN, VMware NSX, comparable vendor implementation of Spine/Leaf DC architecture, Interconnectivity solutions such as Cisco OTV
- Min 5-10 years industry experience: design, install, configure, support
- Min 3-5 years practical, hands-on experience in a Service Provider environment
- Knowledge of cloud services models and multi-tenanted service provider models
- EMC SAN and NAS Storage (desirable)
- Scripting ability a key advantage – Python, powershell etc highly desirable
- Understanding of ITIL and Agile foundations
Skills and Attributes:
- Customer Focused
- Expert skill in diagnosing and solving complex network related problems using systematic problem solving methodology
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Professional, dependable, and flexible team player who is self-motivated
- Proactive, self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Able to work with little to no supervision
- Must work well under pressure
- Ability to multi- task.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Eager to learn new technologies outside of your core skillset
- Mentoring/Coaching skills