Principal Engineer, Service Delivery
North Ryde, AustraliaJob ID R035472 Date posted Sep. 20, 2019
Principal Engineer, Service Delivery role provides operational and Managed Services support to customers, for support and management of DELL EMC technologies and solutions. Works with the customer, as a trusted partner leveraging Dell EMC Best Practices, ensuring technical solutions work as intended in the customer's environment. Ensures availability, stability of the customer’s environment. Always striving for a best in class customer experience.
The person we are looking for is a team player. They look around to see if their team mates are okay and if they need help. They help people who ask and they are not shy in asking for help. They are proactive and do not need to be micromanaged. They bring solutions with the problem. They are agile and dynamic and they can prioritize and re-prioritize in a fast changing environment. They take ownership and follow up even when its “not their job”. They will be at their best and they will bring out the best in others with their energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing customer’s Backup Environment, utilizing best practices
- Responsible for undertaking daily operational duties, focusing on minimizing risk, increasing the quality of technical outcomes.
- Performs operational activities – provisioning, incident support, decommissioning, and queue management.
- Performs environment/application optimization and supports on the solution scalability.
- Performs necessary Backup infrastructure maintenance in a strict ITIL environment.
- Incident response and management change and problem management, while adhering to specific customer SLAs in a large enterprise environment;
- Document PIRs, participate in RCA analysis, provide reports, create/update As-Builts and represent the team in customer operational service boards.
- Responsible and drives all Disaster recovery procedures
- Responsible to maintain the environment configuration documents up to date
- Responsible to configure/maintain SourceOne Environment.
- Mentor and work closely with offsite teams.
- Support and run the data migrations as required using Dell EMC DPS products.
- Compile and present billing, capacity, SLA and other reporting.
- Takes end-end ownership and manages customer expectations.
- Places strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration, both supporting colleagues and voicing out technical concerns, advocating opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Performs daily operational health checks, addressing alerts and methodical troubleshooting
- Pro-active maintenance of the Backup environment, ensuring a clean, risk-free operational environment, while participating in the continual review and improvement.
- Punctual and professional in representing the organization, in customer interactions.
- Customer Disaster Recovery testing support.
- Ability to self-start and use resources at hand.
- Ability to work unsupervised and escalate in a timely manner.
- Ability to work on customer site, or offsite from different office locations as required.
- Ability to engage and interact with other departments within Dell EMC organization;
- Assist with project work, at the direction of a technical lead and/or Project Manager.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Working Experience and excellent understanding of Dell EMC DPS Products
- Working knowledge of EMC Source One
- Working experience on tools like splunk, puppet, confluence and Jira.
- Working Experience Understanding of backup technology suite : Networker, Data Domain, Avamar, Data Protection Advisor, CommVault, VRA/VRO Automation, Tape libraries, Data Domain Cloud Tier
- Good understanding of Avamar and Data Domain hardware layout and their various generations
- Working experience of Avamar replication type
- Working experience of NetWorker cloning processes and their integrations with Data Domain
- Working experience of Avamar, NetWorker integrations with Data Domains and data migrations from out of support systems.
- Specialist certifications desired. Networker, Data Domain, Avamar.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Familiarity with VMware and virtualization technologies desirable.
- Preferred - knowledge in Windows, UNIX administration (Linux) LVM, file security, Active Directory, PAM/TPAM, Password Management.
- Scripting and Automation
- Familiarity with TCIP/IP networking and file accesses protocols desired nice to have.
- Excel and Data base reporting and crunching complex billing data.