Regional Director AMER GLobal Landed Sales
Newark, New JerseyJob ID R1902306-5 Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Global Accounts Regional Director (RD)
The VMware Global Account Program serves approximately 100 of VMware’s largest customers. These premier accounts are managed by a team of experienced Global Account Managers (GAM) partnered with a Global Solutions Consultant (GSC) with the objective to establish a significant VMWare footprint in the largest and most influential corporations worldwide. Global support is also provided through Landed Global Account Executives (LGAEs) for geographies outside of the headquartered geography to ensure our customer’s receive full global coverage. The leaders of these customer-focused resources are our Global Regional Directors (RDs)
Our selling is focused on our customers primary business initiatives and connecting our value to our customers business value. Our Value Selling strategy is the investment of time, talent and technology from VMWare and our partners to invent (transform) our customers business for their benefit. This strategic objective is being accomplished using a highly focused and experienced account management, marketing, and engineering teams, as well as substantial executive level engagement.
The AMER Global Accounts Regional Director (RD) will have responsibility for leading, managing and coaching a team of Global Landed Account Executives in the US in support of accounts with headquarters in EMEA and APJ. This leader will be responsible for ensuring their team execute global consistency, global engagement, global relationships, and ultimately revenue generation that exceeds defined targets in tight partnership with the headquartered account teams.
With this growth, we seek talented and motivated individuals who can lead our field sales teams. We seek Sales Directors who can run anywhere from 6 to 8 Landed Global Account Executive.
- This person will be responsible for building and leading a team with a mix of experienced and developing sales professionals
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a territory strategy to ensure both short and long-term goals, objectives and quotas for the sales teams.
- Build Regional sales plans that drive business through direct selling, indirect selling through a multitude of channel partners, and local demand generation.
- Split time 50/50 between handling their teams and meeting with customers & partners.
- Work closely with extended sales resources
- Work closely with the headquartered account team team in order to plan & execute cohesive sales campaigns
- Maintains operational command of the business through forecasting accuracy, planning, structure large ELA deals, negotiate deals & partnerships, and orchestrate a broad mix of resources
- Inspired Leader: Ability to lead, motivate, manage and coach a team of individual contributors to achieve their objectives.
- Coach/Mentor:The ability coach and mentor all members of their team to help drive their professional success as an individual and as a member of the team
- Executive Presence: Possesses a blend of temperament, competencies and skills that empower the ability to command a room and hold business-led conversations at the C- level
- Globally-Minded: Understands the global aspects and cultures surrounding their customer and the various countries in which they operate
- Consultative: Able to identify the customer's pain points and needs then suggest solutions to satisfy those needs in support of their team
- Challenger:Able to help their team push the customer's thinking through a value-centric conversation educating them on new ways our solutions can provide benefits to their company
- Innovative: Adapts communication and influencing styles to suit different audiences and capable of introducing new ideas or methods internally and to the customer
- Financial Acumen: Knowledge & understanding of customers’ financial situation along with the ability to discuss customer's outcomes in financial terms.Understanding of budgets, costs and price required.
- Negotiator: Does not simply sell on price but negotiates value to outcomes; Understands the legal and contractual implications of the negations as well as financial.
- Adaptable: Adapts to changing circumstances and accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Collaborator: Excels at working collaboratively with their team, peers, supporting resources, partners, management and the customer
- Strong Communication practices & Skills:Ability to write and speak in a way that clearly articulates a point of view; Understands how to involve all levels within the company (internal and external) with consistent, appropriate manner
- A minimum of -years of sales management experience in high-reaching, ever-changing sales environment, preferably experience within technology sales
- Must have run quota carrying sales teams with confirmed achievement
- Shown ability to lead a horizontal, extended resource team to support their direct sales teams
- Confirmed ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Extensive experience directly and indirectly through a management team negotiating large 7 figure deals with very complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
- Possess high levels of integrity and honesty
- BA/BS degree or higher