DT Select Enterprise Architect
New York, New YorkJob ID R42319 Date posted Jun. 25, 2019
DT Select Enterprise Architect
Dell Technologies (DT) comprises a group of Strategically Aligned Businesses (Dell, DellEMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream, VMware) focused on helping customers transform their business and IT to Compete and Win in the digital economy. Dell Technologies Select (DT Select) is a global organization uniquely organized to deliver business outcomes to some of the most well-known and complex enterprises while building long-term, trusted relationships with clients. DT Select accomplishes this through specialized business and technical experts focused on partnering with customers to explore transformational change via best-in-class technology, services and solutions from Dell Technologies.
- The DT Select Enterprise Architect is an individual who can articulate a DT Select client's next-generation business needs and facilitate proper alignment between the various DT sales teams to simultaneously protect current revenue streams while opening new revenue streams associated with the emerging technologies of digitized industries.
- Drives technology enabled solution sales connected to DT transformation themes
- Leads multiple DT Select business pursuits without direct line management control
- Enables new client business, IT delivery, and IT consumption models through the use of next-generation integrated solutions designed in a consultative manner
- Is a technology evangelist that owns the senior level technology customer relationships and provides technology thought leadership.
- Acts as a creative thinker who can enable the client account teams to think outside the box to make difficult trade-off decisions on features, functionalities and roadmap.
- Designs & collaborates with the DT Strategically Alligned Businesses (SABs) to consolidate product strategies into a comprehensive technical plan
- Provides DT enterprise vision covering all client architecture and business requirements
- Ensures all proposed solutions meets the technical and business needs of the customer and is responsible for the technical execution of the customer engagements.
- Identifies additional product/services sales opportunities in the customer organization and assists the sales organization as a technical / industry subject matter expert.
- Provides technical and business level discussions with client architects as a trusted advisor
- Leads architect-level client-facing and internal technical review meetings
- Has advanced level of both business acumen and technology knowledge
- Develops and maintains relationships at Director / VP level
- Ability to successfully demonstrate advanced technology, consulting and architecture competence
- Participates in the development of the client strategic technology direction and innovation strategy
- Practical understanding of the solution portfolio in technical engagements across all the DT SABs
- Understanding of emerging technology-based solutions and their value when mapped to a client’s business needs
- Participates in the collaborative development and sharing of information with client, peers, and DT SABs
- Complies with the operational cadence and expectations of the DT Select Enterprise Architect career level
- Capable of developing senior client trusted advisor relationships
- Communication skills requiring active listening, negotiation, conflict resolution, and self-awareness capabilities
- Working knowledge and understanding in the full technology stack with expertise in at least 3 of the following: IT Infrastructure, Virtualization, M&O, Security, App/Dev, Cloud Models, Technological Change
- Knowledge of industry vertical business drivers, solutions, and architectural methods
- Experience in strategic partnership sales methodology
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred
- 12+ years relevant industry experience with 8+ years of IT domain experience as an architect, systems engineer, or consultant
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.