Consultant, SAP Basis Service Delivery
New HampshireJob ID R28649 Date posted Mar. 21, 2019
Consultant, SAP Basis Service Delivery
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
SAP Basis Lead will manage and provide hands on Basis technical leadership in support of current and future SAP related customer projects, and day to day operations. Will collaborate and coordinate closely with the both client and internal teams to deliver world class services.
Specific duties include developing and implementing measures to ensure high availability of SAP and related systems; fully documenting and standardizing operational procedures with appropriate controls to ensure operational stability; continuous process improvement; teaming with peers and knowledge sharing. .
Extensive knowledge of SAP Basis technology is required, and the ability to effectively work with geographically dispersed virtual teams and IT leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, directs, virtual teams in support of the overall Basis activities.
- Assigns personnel to various operations and schedules their activities (if required); reviews and evaluates execution of tasks for continuous process improvement. Maintains positive working environment with a strong customer focus.
- Day to Day Operations include; attending customer meetings; ensure changes are clearly documented and approved prior to the Change Review Board; document and participate in Root cause analysis meetings and documentation; review Early Watch Reports with customer and provide recommendations; and update customer specific Run Books.
- Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility.
- Communicates and coordinating with non SAP teams (DB/OS/Infrastructure).
- Assists in managing the budget, identifying billable tasks, and provides level of effort for project work.
- Works with other members of the SAP team to determine requirements necessary to meet project goals and day to day operational activities.
- Remains current on SAP products and field(s) of expertise.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence. Identifies and resolve business issues; escalate issues when appropriate.
- When required mentors and provides knowledge sharing to virtual teams.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have SAP technical savvy and demonstrate hands-on experience in core SAP ERP technologies; Basis, S4, HANA, CRM, CRM, Fiori, etc.
- 8+ years IT experience including 4+ years managing Basis, IT Infrastructure, IT Network, or IT Operations
- Extensive SAP HANA Troubleshooting and Maintenance experience is required
- Must be eligible for Federal clearance
- Troubleshooting skills in BOBJ and BOBS
- Experience in Sybase IQ/ ASE
- Experience with Linux, and Windows
- Familiarity with SAP on VMware
- FRUN experience is a plus
- Four-year degree with a Business Administration or MIS focus (or equivalent)
- Capable of collaborating and leading across distributed organizations.
- Experience establishing policies, product and operating standards.
- Experience establishing SLAs, negotiating and managing both in-sourced and out-sourced IT services. Successful IT support of diverse global sites and end-users.
- Demonstrated architecture and design expertise with enterprise server and storage networking projects in support of SAP in large-scale environments.
- Experience estimating effort and resources required for projects and working with project managers to structure projects.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills; ability to build strong formal and informal relationships.
- Able to work in ambiguous situations/environments; demonstrated ability to break down problems into constituent parts and develop and drive plans for resolution.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.