Senior System Engineer
Navi Mumbai, India, New Delhi, IndiaJob ID R041716 Date posted Nov. 05, 2019
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a SDWAN Senior Networking Pre-Sales Engineer on our Networking team in India.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Senior Networking Pre-Sales Engineer – SDWAN Solutions
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the most dynamic sales teams in Dell EMC to help drive SDWAN solutions in India. This is an external role with the key responsibility to develop and execute the Dell EMC SD-WAN solutions across all customer segments in India and also enabling our key partners to exceed revenue targets. Furthermore, you will effectively collaborate with other teams, including the direct sales team, channel, professional services, marketing, finance and other external parties that compliment your pre-sales activities.
• Sell to and persuade technical personnel at medium and large enterprises on the value of Dell SDWAN solutions
• Deliver pre-sales presentations, demonstrations and PoC to customers and partner
• Support sales efforts through on-site meetings, group presentations and marketing activities
• Manage and own all technical aspects of the sales cycle
• Architect, install and configure the SDWAN virtual and hardware appliances into customer environments for proof-of-concept and production deployments
• Own the technical relationship with customers, partners and resellers through technical training, problem escalation and new feature requests
• Maintain a strong market awareness and knowledge of competitive technologies to best position DELL SDWAN Solutions
• Provide prompt feedback to and be ready to aid product management and engineering on future direction of the product
•Understanding and Designing solutions for Key Industry Trends – Micro-Segmentation, Network Automation, Multi-Site Datacenters, Network Visibility, Multi-Tenant / Network Virtualization, and L4-7 Service Insertion – is a significant part of this role
• Ability to demonstrate a knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP)
• Working experience with VLANs and IP subnetting
• Experience using routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
• Knowledge and experience creating access control lists (ACLs) on routers and switches
• Recent experience using the CLI on major router and switch vendors
• Ability to present to an audience of mixed roles and technical abilities within an organization
• Troubleshooting skills that include hands-on experience with the configuration of networking gear.
• Working knowledge of the installation and configuration of virtual machines on major hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V), Cloud service experience including AWS and Azure
•Microsoft Visio ,Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, Word),Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Linux operating system experience
• 15+ years of experience as a pre-sales Systems/Sales Engineer
• Technical certifications are a plus (VCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCP)
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.