NetherlandsJob ID R77534 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019
Category Manager - Netherlands & Sweden
UK | Netherlands
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Category Manager on our Merchandising team in Europe.
Assessing market trends, quantifying opportunities and developing marketing programs, Field Marketing at Dell is at the forefront of customer engagement. Responsible for a specific location, department or product, our teams drive marcom strategy – from making budget recommendations to defining roadmaps and informing content themes. Interacting directly with customers and utilizing third-party customer data, they provide Dell’s product marketing and messaging team with game-changing feedback. At the highest level, they develop and drive marketing policies and activities, from market research through brand management and product development to pricing.
- Provides direction and guidance for administration and results for multiple departments withia function or work area.
- Leverages the knowledge and skills of managers or teams of professionals.
- Establishes the right BMS, operational plans and performance requirements whilst resolvings operational issues.
- Translates business plans into objectives for a department or work area.
- Initiates new or revised procedures, programs, and initiatives whilst aligning operational plan with functional strategy and approach.
- Develops new techniques to support innovative solutions utilising competitive market and
- industry knowledge in determining tactics and operations decisions.
- Must work cross multi area in a collaborative matter with peers, direct reports and leadership
- Advanced time management and prioritization skills
- Establishes working relationships with others outside area of expertise.
- Independently determines approach to managing teams and daily operations.
- Provides guidance, constructive input and motivation to team.
- Assumes responsibility for sales objectives
- Works with minimal general direction.
- Assesses and determines priorities within area of expertise.
- Structures and implements changes within the context of established strategy
- Leads large scale, global programs that contribute to the corporation’s success
- Significant relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 6 years leadership experience
- Advance understanding of SB industry.
- Advance knowledge of assigned product lines.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Great analytical ability.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to play a driving role in shaping marcom strategy for ground-breaking products, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible