Product Marketing, Advisor (Data Center Infrastructure - APC) Round Rock, Nashville
Round Rock, Texas, Nashville, Tennessee, United StatesJob ID R040272 Date posted Oct. 24, 2019
Product Marketing, Advisor (DCI - APC) Round Rock, Nashville
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Advisor on our Product Marketing team.
As a global business with game-changing products, there’s always scope for Dell to grow sales and expand market share - and a highly skilled Product Marketing team is essential. Our team has real vision. They develop and implement strategic approaches to solutions and technology marketing that put our products and services at the forefront of our customers’ minds. Always ready to adjust strategies in response to market change and competition, the team works closely with sales, product partners and vendors. Crucially, their remit goes beyond the customer value proposition to making sure product development is informed by customer insights.
- Independently creates simple product marketing materials and performs simple product marketing activities
- Independently performs basic market research activities
- Works with development, product management and sales to support a product's life cycle
- Assist's in planning and implementation of launches, core positioning, messaging, sales training and marketing programs for assigned offers
- Responsibilities include assessing market requirements, investigating new technologies, developing recommendations, establishing pricing plans and strategies as well as road-map plan-of-records
- Participates in product business planning, forecasts, profit and loss, margins, risk factors, overall business
- Plan pricing analysis and recommendations
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in APC DCI solutions
- Evangelize products / solutions
- Manage incoming sales requests
- Align partner and Dell EMC sales to drive new sales opportunities
- Promote and maintain existing sales and marketing tools
- Product SKU management and creation
- Assist with customer facing conference calls & presentations
- Promote and provide deal registrations
- Manage quoting process and pricing guidance on small to medium projects
- Develop and drive partner marketing strategy
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant experience and/or undergraduate degree with 2+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years experience in technical sales, product marketing or related roles
- Strong cross-functional organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize & perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical, business and financial skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re excited by the prospect of marketing ground-breaking innovations to a global audience, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.