Senior Bid / Pursuit Manager (f/m/d)
Munich, GermanyJob ID R77739 Date posted Nov. 13, 2018
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Bid / Pursuit Manager (f/m/d) on our Dell Technologies Select (DTS) team in Germany.
It takes a team with a wide range of talents to create ground-breaking products. Our Proposal Management team within Professional Services has the expertise to bring the process together. We support the opportunity lifecycle from development through to contracting, acting as the primary liaison between the customer and the financial support organizations. RPF tenders, customer business case analysis, total cost of ownership modelling – we take it all in our stride.
The Senior Bid / Pursuit Manager is responsible for the development and production of a proposal for an IT Transformation solution for DTS clients. Please note: the Senior Bid / Pursuit Manager only supports Enterprise Transformation opportunities targeted by the Business and IT Transformation team within DTS.
Whether this activity is in response to a client Request for Proposal (RFP) or a sole-source opportunity, the Senior Bid / Pursuit Manager takes direction from the Managing Director and participates in the development of an opportunity pursuit strategy that leverages DTS Transformation solution capabilities to meet client needs. Working with DTS and other SMEs, the Pursuit Manager project manages the development of proposal content, in either PowerPoint or Word format, which will be presented to the client. The Senior Bid / Pursuit Manager insures that the proposal is professionally produced, presenting a consistent authorial voice that is clear and compelling.
- Taking direction from the DTS Managing Director, help define an effective opportunity pursuit strategy. As needed, help structure information gathering workshops and other tools to better gather and understand client requirements. Communicate pursuit approach, coordinating with Commercial and other support functions. Anticipate pursuit development resource needs, insuring resource availability when needed.
- With Managing Director, help mobilize the response team, drawing from DTS sources; Work with DTS SMEs, including architects, delivery experts, and commercial managers, to develop proposal content. Major responsibilities include:
- Liaise with DTS Shared Services for commercial (e.g. pricing, maintenance) and legal inputs.
- Work with Pursuit team architect for ‘to-be,’ transformed client architecture, Operating Model integration.
- Liaise with Delivery Experts for delivery schedule, subcontractor considerations.
- Project Manage above personnel to deliver Proposal, manage review and revision process, generate final version. Leverage production resources when available.
- When applicable, develop Proposal into SOW, working with Shared Services (e.g. legal, etc.); Please note: the Pursuit Manager is not expected to write pursuit content; writing content is the responsibility of the SME team.
- Apply brand and legal compliance standards to proposals and presentations, taking advantage of all available tools and resources. Work with graphic design professionals to develop creative and information graphics. Work with technical writers to insure a single, consistent authorial voice and document format. Provide overall quality control for all pursuit materials.
- Plan and prioritize personal workload as well as those of other sales and marketing resources under your direction. Work with pursuit team members to determine project needs and delegate tasks.
- Ensure extended support resources are in place from regional pursuit teams, Document Creative Services (DCS), and/or SM&BD India
- Participate in pursuit debriefs. Develop processes and standards in response to lessons learned; Participate in and/or drive initiatives aimed at developing or improving DTS pursuit support services.
- Min 8 years’ experience in Bid and Pursuit Management in IT sector. Experience in developing and/or delivering complex Enterprise Transformation engagements.
- Experience in working with Global Customers, Sales and Delivery Teams
- Project Management experience
- Very good organizational and time management skills. Capable of prioritizing and multitasking within a challenging, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Word.)
- Ability to travel about 40% of the time (mainly UK & Germany)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.