Storage Service Delivery Principal Engineer
Mumbai, IndiaJob ID R033648 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Engineer Field Service.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Responsible for on-site installation, configuration, implementation, integration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions, which may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters. Interprets customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps or engineers.
•Leads, implements, and troubleshoots complex and specialized technical solutions mainly HCI, Storage Solutions, Disaster Recovery setup, Virtualization in Multiple Platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Converged networking.
•Assigned to the more visible and more critical engagements
•Subject matter expert in key technology areas mainly HCI, Storage Solutions, Disaster Recovery setup, Virtualization in Multiple Platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Converged networking.
•Responsible for addressing escalated break/fix issues
•Develops and delivers ad-hoc training in their relevant specialties to their entire team
•Leads and facilitates the development of common practices
•Has in-depth knowledge of many products and very advanced knowledge in two or three key areas related to HCI, Storage Solutions, Disaster Recovery setup, Virtualization in Multiple Platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Converged networking.
•Provides strong technical leadership for the field services organization
•Acts as coach and mentor to lower level technical specialists
Job specific Responsibilities
- 12 to 16 years over all experience with minimum 12 to 14 years in above mentioned relevant role handling Infrastructure Projects with Large Enterprises.
- Technically lead complex and Critical Projects and drive them to closure.
- Participate and engage in global Technical Programs and initiatives.
- Couch Technically with team members enabling them in Capability.
- Lead Technical Escalation Discussion and drive towards resolutions.
- Assist services sales in Solution vetting, in house capability confirmation, and scope confirmations.
- Plan and support execute Critical and Complex Projects.
- Possesses exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Capable of effectively articulating service value proposition to customers
- Exceptional knowledge of internal service processes and service offerings and ability to articulate these to customers
- Exceptional technical and product knowledge such as HCI, Advance Storage Concepts, Disaster Recovery Planning and setup, Expert in Virtualization in Multiple Platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Converged networking
- Scoping of Services based on solutions Proposed.
• Possesses exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Capable of effectively articulating service value proposition to customers
•Exceptional knowledge of internal service processes and service offerings and ability to articulate these to customers
•Exceptional technical and product knowledge such as HCI, Advance Storage Concepts, Disaster Recovery Planning and setup, Expert in Virtualization in Multiple Platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Converged networking,
•Scoping of Services based on solutions Proposed and Vetting solutions proposed.
•Team Management Skills, inter-personal skills, Presentation skills, technical assessment skills.
•Preferred Industry Certifications on Storage Platforms
•Preferred Industry Certification on Any Latest OS platforms
•Advantage with Knowledge and experience on High Performance computing and good knowledge on Linux platform.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.