Mumbai, IndiaJob ID R1902832 Date posted Mar. 01, 2019
Solutions Architect (SA) will work closely with our sales teams to drive Enterprise-Consulting Services sales and is responsible for driving bookings through the VMware field account and Client Sales Executive teams. The Solution Architect needs to be proficient in all VMware practices (key focus on VMware Network and Security Solutions) and be able to manage all opportunities leading to revenue. Using a Domain Model, you will prepare project proposals which include the business requirements, technical requirements and appropriate solution stating the delivery times and schedules for the design, development and testing of the solution components. Projects could span from 1-week implementation engagements to complex, multi-consultant $1M+ engagements.
In addition to sales and scope management expertise, the solutions architect will need in-depth knowledge surrounding data-center technologies. Using this experience and knowledge of VMware’s products, you will advise clients on issues related to the solution design and deployment including complexity trade-offs and technical and business process impact.
Expertise in Change Management and Transformation of the full complement of People, Process and Technology is critical to crafting a series of services work streams and work packages aligned to the customer’s long term strategy. The workshop, discovery, and playback motion will be executed in conjunction with the Accelerate Program Business Solution Strategist. As a combined team, the Client Sales Executive and Solution Architect shall devise a complete virtualization strategy for selected customers, inclusive of business alignment (the WHY), future state definition and measurements (the WHAT) and transformation execution (the HOW).
He/She will provide sales support and lead proposal scoping and levels of effort with Practice Managers, Program Engagement Managers (if applicable), Lead Consultants, and applicable delivery consultants in order to produce a quality proposal. The Solutions Architect will partners with the field Account Managers to maintain coordinated account selling efforts. The Solution Architect also partners with the assigned TAM or Client Architect to drive follow-on opportunities within active accounts.
The success of a Solution Architect will be measured by his/her bookings performance within his/her assigned territory, as well as an MBO program that is established and measured by his/her manager and respective Director.
Vision Transformation Proposals include creation of the following example work streams:
- Discovery workshop
- Requirement analysis
- Feasibility study
- Technology selection
- Application design and specification
- Systems integration
- Product customizations
- Solution test plan
- Quality assurance
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
- Contribute to definition of an Organization Change Management Approach
- Ensure that propositions are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
- Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment (may include management of subcontractors and partners)
- Define, develop and implement actions according to account plans on accounts with account teams
- Drive business development to support pre-sales activities, with a primary focus on identifying, scoping and proposing services engagements
- Coordinate sales efforts with delivery management and practice management team
- Participate in regional marketing events to promote VMware
- Ensure formal contractual mechanisms (i.e. SOW) are established and maintained within active accounts
- Develop new business opportunities on focused accounts
- Adhere to VMware sales process and methodologies on all opportunity pursuits
- Participate in account relationship and issue management activities
- Maintain proficiency in VMware service offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
- Overall 10+ years of experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a technical solutions architect in a consulting/professional services environment, including time supporting sales and managing technical staff and implementations
- Expertise and hands-on experience on VMware virtualization stack
- VCAP and above certification.
- Exposure to other VMware’s products (VMware vSphere, vRA, vSAN, vRops, etc)
- Knowledge about Private/Hybrid cloud, AWS, Azure
- Good storage & networking skills
- Knowledge of dockers, containers, PKS
- Server and storage virtualization technologies
- Strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills