Enterprise Solutions Engineer
Montpellier, FranceJob ID R81430 Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
Enterprise Solutions Engineer
We have an unrivalled opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Converged Solution Engineer to work in our EMEA ProSupport Enterprise Expert Centre, offering the highest level of technical support and remote advisory services to Dell’s Enterprise customer base on high-end/high value-add enterprise software defined storage solutions/technologies. No other center offers you such a high level of exposure to such a large enterprise client base and the associated technologies.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Key Responsibilities :
- Delivering 1st tier remote resolution for advanced Software Defined Storage customer escalations through troubleshooting, research, environment replication & identification of workarounds
- Actively supporting the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution while keeping the customer informed throughout the life of the incident
- Interlocking with Resolution Managers, Technical Account Managers and Sales Account Managers to address customer issues
- Attending required technical training sessions and making effective use of assigned lab time while securing the relevant industry certifications based on the Certification Strategy
- Coordinating resources to resolve technical issues and turn around strained relationships at large high profile accounts in both pre and post-sale stages and act as a trusted advisor to the management team on the technical front
Essential Requirements :
- 4+ years minimum experience in a business or customer support work environment and 2+ years of enterprise level networking and server/storage experience:
- Associates level degree and/or 2 years equivalent experience is preferred
- SAN environment (iSCSi/FCoE, array network best practice, jumbo frame, Flowcontrol, Converged Network) and DAS environment and Filesystems, virtual hard disk in Microsoft and VMWare worlds and Dell supported enclosure
- Knowledge in Storage Spaces, Nutanix, VMWare and HyperV prefered and knowledge in collecting logs in different OS and Hypervisor environment preferred (e.g. collecting dump files, eventlogs, Support Bundles) to escalate cases into our EMEA backend team or direct to the storage (external) vendor
- Excellent Communication skills needed to interact effectively with our customers and to other technicians as well as Departments and advanced technical attitude and troubleshooting skills
- Relevant industry certifications in any of the following: Microsoft, Linux and/or VMWare and Hypervisor Advanced Knowledge (VCP, MCSA, RHCSA)
- Ability to handle critical / sensitive situations professionally with users that have a wide range of technical knowledge and to be autonomously productive and to work in rotating shifts in a multicultural and complex EMEA environment
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to be at the leading edge of technically challenging customer support, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.Apply now!
Apply Now !
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.