Associate Technician, Field Service
Mississauga, OntarioJob ID R040594 Date posted Oct. 29, 2019
Associate Technician, Field Service
(Mississauga ON area)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 150,000 employees.
We’re proud to be in the solutions business at Dell. And our business solutions are built on deep analysis and insight. Our Business Operations team within Business Support develops solutions to current and future challenges. We support activities ranging from marketing and manufacturing to maintenance and more. We define scope and objectives based on a thorough understanding of end users, business needs and processes. From analyzing, evaluating and documenting requirements through to specifying solutions, we strive to improve processes and maximize potential.
At Dell, we are committed to bringing innovation to people everywhere and organizations of all shapes and sizes, so they can transform and thrive in the digital economy.
As the Associate Technician, Field Service with Dell, your primary responsibility will be to visit customer sites to perform break-fix operations and assure customer satisfaction through prompt case closure and customer communication.
What you can expect:
The Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) hires candidates through a globally consistent and proven program. As an Associate Technician, Field Service, you are developed through a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This intensive role based-training includes:
- An introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell way of doing business
- Hands-on work with Dell products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools
- The opportunity to gain technical certifications, both Dell and industry-wide
- After Boot Camp, you will transition into your role and begin working in your full time role directly impacting Dell’s Total Customer Experience. Your principal duty will be to:
- Learn, understand and begin routinely performing the following customer engineering responsibilities: Installation and servicing Dell hardware & software under the guidance of an assigned mentor
- Learn the basics of an install cycle: Performance of pro-active maintenance according to established procedures, adherence to proper escalation procedures and keys to success
- Perform part replacements as directed by the technical support lab. This includes the timely and accurate submission of all associated documentation, part return within 24 hours of the event
- Close all cases at the completion of an event
- Assure complete customer satisfaction at the assigned accounts by adherence to the following: Prompt onsite arrival time, technical expertise, knowledge of customer environment, professionalism, and periodic visits as needed
- Lift up to 30 lbs. when necessary
- Travel, be on call at select times, work OT hours and have a reliable automobile to arrive at customer locations
What you can learn:
- How one of the world’s largest technology companies serves its customers through timely communication and best in class service
- How to be a productive team member on a virtual, globally dispersed team that is leading and influencing all aspects of our candidate experience and employment brand worldwide
- How to lead through influence
You are our candidate if:
- You have a College diploma or University degree in a technical discipline and up to 2 years of relevant work experience
- You understand the importance of a strong sense of urgency, communicating effectively and having a keen attention to detail
- You love working with others and solving problems. Innovation is intriguing to you and you do all things with high integrity
- You like to have fun and approach your work with passion and enthusiasm
- You understand the importance of doing things for the greater good and you are inclusive and approachable to those around you
Company Description – Dell Technologies:
With more than 150,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?:
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.